SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick 2 - *** SPOILERS and discussion ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick 2 - *** SPOILERS and discussion *** Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The underground economy is kind of strange..

get rid of a body for you, 1 coin.

hotel stay, 1 coin

2 drinks at the bar, 1 coin

entrance to the bar, 1 coin

kind of an odd scale, a drink and disposal of a dead body are the same cost?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My wife surprised me with a movie night tonight, and this is what she wanted to see.

quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Ruby Rose, I'm sorry, but I wanted Wick to just pick her up and throw her out the window or bounce her head against the wall until she stopped twitching. I won't say "_unt Punt" but that would have been a fitting way of dealing with her. She was more annoying than menacing. Cassian was/would have been a better nemesis.
If you want a female nemis for Wick, go get Brianne of Tarth.
They seem to shoehorn this broad into anything and everything. I just don't like her. She also looks a lot like Justin Bieber. The only thing I ever saw her in where she didn't look out of place was 'Orange is the New Black'.

On the other hand, my wife and I both derived a great deal of satisfaction watching a Bieber look-a-like get greased.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

hotel stay, 1 coin

According to the directors, there is no real value to the coins. It's more of a "coupon" (not their word) that is used for something as little as a drink or as big as a new vehicle.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

hotel stay, 1 coin

I don't know why, but I laughed out loud at this post. I hadn't thought about the premise, but once you do, its funny.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it though I liked the first more.

I did go out and buy a G34.... good glock advertising.... Smile

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

hotel stay, 1 coin

Very true, I took it that a coin gets you 1 ea of something you want. It might pay to BYOB in this world.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Thought it was 20 minutes or so too long. The outfitting Montage with the seamstress and the sommelier was silly. Was kinda funny how specific they were on gun models though.

I didn't like all of the hand to hand, bjj, muay thai flips. Too much rolling around. The pencil was ridiculous too.

Poor choice on the shotgun as everyone has said. And silly for him to a) shoot the lady in the head without a suppressor and b) to just walk right out instead of sneaking out the way he came in.

I much preferred the first one but this one wasn't terrible.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
b) to just walk right out instead of sneaking out the way he came in.

The more I think about this part, I come to this conclusion: Wick knew the brother and Beiber Look A Like were going to double cross him and probably ambush him in the catacombs (their idea in the first place), so he left extra weapons concealed and ready just in case. I think he thought that casually walking out the front door would avoid the the brother's team waiting around the catacombs.

Personally, I liked the hand to hand stuff, it actually looked very similar to the last big fight scene in "The Man From Nowhere":

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

On the other hand, my wife and I both derived a great deal of satisfaction watching a Bieber look-a-like get greased.

Excellent point, I suspect you liked the part of Zoolander 2 where he gets shot as well.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The first movie is on SyFy tonight.

Posts: 17883 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
The first movie is on SyFy tonight.

Good looking out. DVR set. Thanks!

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
You don't crash up a 69 Mustang fastback, that isn't a BOSS 429 like the Russian says in the first movie, but still!! And running a motorcycle into the side of the Chevelle SS 396, not cool either. But maybe it is all computer generated and no actual muscle cars were intentionally harmed.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
And running a motorcycle into the side of the Chevelle SS 396, not cool either.

I didn't like this scene for the sheer reason that a motorcycle would clearly have gotten away, in the real world. No car is going to be able to get ahead of a motorcycle after veering off at a ninety degree, running down a side street, then doing another ninety degree to return to the same street.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the theater and Wick 2 was pretty good. The first was better and the actions scenes were a bit much but the time flew by pretty quickly. Love the honor code at the Continental. interesting world they have set up. I hope there is a little less action and more character development in Chapter 3.

Can you make it from New York city to New Jersey in an hour so Wick can get his ride from Aurelio before he is persona non grata?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sort of a question back to part one regarding the honor code.

Did Marcus violate it? I know he was shooting into John's room to warn him about Ms. Perkins. Would Winston have punished Marcus for doing that?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No that wouldnt be a violation, he didn't kill anyone on Continental grounds. Besides, it's not like Wick would tell on him for doing it anyway. He didn't shoot Perkins, he just warned Wick, so no rule broken

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried to watch the first one last night. Couldn't make it all the way through.

Just didn't care about any of the characters.

I wanted to like it though.

-------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Saw it today. Liked it, but yeah, all the flipping and gunplay gets old.

I watched the first one last night to refresh my self.

First, the guns were awesome. But: finger in the trigger guard?

Second, the AR would certainly have been discovered by the hit team. It was not hidden at all.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This reviewer does an outstanding job articulating my dislike of the ending.

http://collider.com/john-wick-2-ending-explained/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12322 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
The first movie was more pure, distilled, if you will. The premise was AWESOME, in a visceral way. We have all probably wanted to be John Wick in the first movie at some point in our lives, if not to that extreme.

The second movie was more opening the door to a third movie than it was an extension of the first. They let us in to the assassin's world a bit more, but the whole plot was sort of meh.

That said, I did enjoy it thoroughly, but not as much as the first one.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post