SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Say, was you ever bit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say, was you ever bit Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
by a dead bee?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I have no memory of ever being bitten by any kind of bee.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were you?

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Why don't you bite them back?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You know, you got to be careful of dead bees if you're goin' around barefooted, 'cause if you step on them they can sting you just as bad as if they was alive, especially if they was kind of mad when they got killed...
I bet I been bit a hundred times that way.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Bees and rattlesnakes both. Stay away after they are dead, or be very careful.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
‘Cause I ain’t got no stinger.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I don't remember that line. Which character said it?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I don't remember that line. Which character said it?

If this was a theme thread from some movie or book, I obviously did not recognize the line. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
These are quotes from the movie "To Have And Have Not."

Walter Brennan plays Eddie, Bogart's drunken sidekick, who asks the dead bee question.

I know many people like "Casablanca" more, but I like this film better. Maybe it isn't a better movie, but I like it more if only because it features a 19 year-old Lauren Bacall.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/...e_and_Have_Not_(film)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Have and Have Not.
You know how to whistle, dontcha Steve?
You just put your lips together and blow.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite movies. The sexual tension between Bogart and Bacall is electric. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the "bit by a dead bee" line just an off the wall line or something deeper? Perhaps an allusion to the resistance fighters who continued to fight even though their governments and military had surrendered?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I never took it as a reference to resistance fighters.

It does tell us who is a fundamentally decent person in the movie. If they indulge Eddie in this harmless banter, they are okay.