SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Impressive shots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impressive shots Login/Join 
posted
I have old people TV on my cable system and have been watching reruns of 70s cop and PI shows. And it has give me a new respect for an awesomely effective weapon:
The snub nose .38 caliber revolver.
Frank Cannon shot and exploded a Ford LTD with single round from his.
Joe Mannix shot down a plane with his.
Steve McGarrett is proficient with his too.
None of these guys ever reloads. No need.
I now am jonesing for a Colt Detective Special with the exposed ejector rod. And service grips.
And I recently re-watched my all time favorite shot made by the Duke:
In Rio Lobo, the Duke draws and X rings Johnny Crawford as Crawford is engaging him from a rock formation at least 75 yards away. Single un-aimed shot. From horseback. Amazing!
Old people TV is a hoot.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Watch Quigley Down Under some time.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
TV guns have no recoil either.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the recoil was so weak, their arms jerk forward when they shoot. Big Grin

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The movie, Open Range gets a lot of love here. See if you can count the number of rounds Costner's Colt has in the big shootout. At least 15, nah...more like 17

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post