SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Lady Thor???" You've Got To Be Kidding!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Lady Thor???" You've Got To Be Kidding! Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Stan Lee must be spinning in his grave.

Marvel Studio has said it's planning a "Lady Thor" film starring Natalie Portman in the title, "Thor 4: Love and Thunder."

I mean, c'mon. Thor is the God of Thunder. Do we really have to go down this SJW path with turning gods into goddesses?

Sheesh.

Link

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/po9B5Q7Hrwg

As far as the comic universe is concerned, Jane Foster acquired Thor's powers in a What If..? story way back in 1978. It's not a new concept brought on by the SJW community.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
WTAF? They've already got kick-ass Asgardian women. E.g.: Sif. Hela. A female Thor would be stupid and pointless.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Love and Thunder? Who wrote the script? Marianne Williamson?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Once again...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The only way these bastardizations will stop is a failure at the box office.
We just need to ignore them and shun them.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This outrage is about 5 years too late.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t go to the theater any longer and I don’t buy Disney discs. So I’ll watch when the rental place gets this on 4k disc. Has to be better than ragnacock. That was a terrible campy film.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Sometimes people simply don't care enough about the politics, social issues, whatever to forgo their entertainment.

Witness, for example, the behaviour of the NFL and how many people remain loyal fans, anyway. Or the recent Top Gun 2 thread where it was revealed China had exerted influence over a political aspect of the movie, but it's got afterburners and tits, so most don't care.

Witness how Nike's stock has actually gone up, recently, despite their egregious (in the opinions of many) behaviour.

I'm not criticizing anybody, per se. There are things I, too, overlook because the thing I want is more important to me than some particular transgression(s) of the maker(s). E.g.: I've a Levi's jacket I really, really like. I won't buy any more Levi's products, but neither will I toss the jacket, stop wearing it, or chance wrecking it by trying to remove the marks that identify it as a Levi's product (though I considered it). And several months ago I bought a *gasp* Yeti coffee mug

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Thor has been a woman for a little while now in the comics.

Wolverine is a girl now. Spider Man is now bi racial. Iceman is gay now. Wonder Woman is bi.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thor 4: Love and Thunder."

Cue the jokes about the hammer of Thor and queefing.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Sometimes people simply don't care enough about the politics, social issues, whatever to forgo their entertainment.

It is not entirely about politics from my perspective - it is about ruining a tradition.
True it is caused by SJW and politics.
They just HAVE to ruin it for the rest of us just to make a point. Mad
I just won't support it because it as I say was bastardized.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Y'all realize the SJW which Stan Lee was, right?

He was all about the fantasy super hero, regardless of gender or color. Happens I was fortunate enough to meet him (along with Ralph Bakshi) about 10 years ago at Comic-Con. Somebody in the audience brought up a question and the answer was "you got a problem with a gay black man saving your life? "

Answer, "no."

"Good, cause he's going to be your super hero when it happens."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Never in the Thor lineage has this ever been a thing; I don’t care if Stan Lee was sjw, let them create or use female characters that already exist. Chris Hemsworth wanted Endgame to be his last Marvel movie; it will be the last one that is good. This movie will flop.

Maybe they should rename it: Thor4-Far From Good

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
As soon as I saw this casting I thought of Keira Knightly in King Arthur with Clive Owen in the title role. She was a fierce warrior too Big Grin

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Never in the Thor lineage has this ever been a thing

Sure about that?

2014:

1978:

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Never in the Thor lineage has this ever been a thing ...

I guess gearhounds must have me on ignore since I pointed out that it's been a thing for over 40 years.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Y'all quit yer complainin' and start hitting the studio up for equal screen time for shirtless Thor. Us guys had to sit through numerous times that he ran around shirtless and the ladies oohed and aahed, so let's see how equal opportunity the SJW's are now....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The Jane Foster as Thor story from a few years ago was actually really good. I’ll withhold judgement until I know more about the script.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
if you're making your lady thor.... lubricate.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post