Find
Notify
Tools

Battlefield V Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
The live reveal happens on May 23. Who's going to be watching!?

I know I won't! (But I am curious about the new game.)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Hype is how one becomes disappointed. Lemme know when it's $60 for the base game, and preemie.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Let me know when they are releasing Bad Company 3.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I had a lot of fun with BF 1942 (and mods), BF Vietnam, and BF2.

When they went to parachute packs, etc. it was “jump the shark” time, and time for me to change game genres.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:

When they went to parachute packs, etc. it was “jump the shark” time, and time for me to change game genres.

Pretty sure they had parachutes in Battlefield 1942.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:

Pretty sure they had parachutes in Battlefield 1942.

Sorry...I didn't explain thoroughly. I wasn't talking about BF 1942, or the others I mentioned, and I wasn't referring to parachuting from aircraft.

I think it was BF 2142 where infantry could jump off of buildings - like 2 or 3 stories -and instead of dying there was a little parachute that would deploy. So if you were in a firefight you could literally bail out of harms way, or just exit a building quickly for any reason.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's set in the future. You don't think they'll have technology that will allow people to jump off short buildings without taking injuries in 100 years?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
It's a game, so anything is possible. Why not an instant teleportation device? Cool

I thought it a cheesy feature in a game series that had evolved not to my liking. Just my opinion.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
1942 and Bad Company’s were the hook for me.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's set in World War 2, but it seems to be some sort of alternate timeline version. It seems a little like steampunk to me.

https://youtu.be/fb1MR85XFOc

posted Hide Post
I’m glad that they’re finally representing the women with robot arms that served in WW2. They’re an inspiration to females everywhere.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It looks cool but a lot of trailers look cool. I loved BF1 for the simplicity of the weapons and vehicles. No special super space jumps or anything. I will wait to see how this one is received by the general public before I buy it though.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
[Trailer]

quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I’m glad that they’re finally representing the women with robot arms that served in WW2.

Indeed.

Cisgender male soldiers are so 1942.

This is 2018. The masses want bisexual handicapable female-identifying soldiers.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Funny I was reading an article somewhere where folks were all up in arms over the historical inaccuracies of female or black soldiers.

Meanwhile I am thinking, but your totally ok with the terminator arm ala 1942. Mmmmmkay.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I think it's supposed to be an alt WW2. Hopefully you can get 100 Nazi scalps and shoot Hitler... lol

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
I am really hoping the game is not as campy as the reveal trailer. It looks very COD like and that is disappointing.

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post