SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Footloose - Dancing in the movies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Footloose - Dancing in the movies Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I thought this was kind of fun. The guy has some crazy good editing skills.

Posts: 20074 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Some pretty fancy footwork going on! Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That reminds me that I need to watch Jennifer Beal in Flashdance again. It's hard to believe that its been 38 yrs since its release.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The dudes are slick, but the ladies doing all that in high heels...man...mad skillz!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
That reminds me that I need to watch Jennifer Beal in Flashdance again.

And any old Ann Margret films I can find. Wink

Posts: 20074 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was Terrific!!

I recognized a number of the films, but many others I did not. Seems there are some 'holes' in my musical films catalogue!
(On youtube, the films are all listed.)

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cyd Charisse and Fred Astaire: Singin In The Rain.
Rita Hayworth And Astaire: The Shorty George.
Ann Miller: Too Darn Hot.
And if your blood pressure needs a boost:
Rita Hayworth: Put The Blame On Mame.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this!

When I was in elementary school, my Dad worked part time as a projectionist in a small theater in Colorado Springs, called The Show Boat.

I watched so many incredible musicals there.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Great video. I kept waiting for a scene from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers barn dance. One of the greatest choreographed dance scenes in movie history.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post