SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Welcome to 2005 or, LS1 has begun watching The Office
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to 2005 or, LS1 has begun watching The Office Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
That's what she said. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’ll find this takes binge watching to the next level. They did so much with this series that would never fly in todays PC culture of people constantly finding some way to be offended.

And yet this series is as accurate today as when it first was aired in 2005.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I hated it but trudged through season 1 and then it really picked up in season 2. I'm on season 9 now. Worth it.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
u’ll find this takes binge watching to the next level. They did so much with this series that would never fly in todays PC culture of people constantly finding some way to be offended.

And yet this series is as accurate today as when it first was aired in 2005.

I Tried several times to watch this and parks and rec. I simply don't find them funny at all.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I hated it but trudged through season 1 and then it really picked up in season 2. I'm on season 9 now. Worth it.

Besides the finale, Seasons 8 and 9 are very hard for me to stay engaged.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We love the show. We fall asleep to it every night.
Though I think it falls off around season 6 or 7 when Sabre takes over.

2021 it is getting pulled from Netflix and being replaced with Seinfeld which will likely become our fall asleep show.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
'You got schruted!'

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The last 2 seasons were painful.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The last few seasons were not as good as the earlier ones, but still a fun watch.

Parks & Rec was another one we enjoyed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I loved it, but it really should have ended when Steve Carell left the show, it would have been a perfect ending but they milked it for like 3 more seasons and it got more and more ridiculous.

IMO it never was the same without him.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I too lost interest after Steve left the show. I honestly never watched a single episode while it was one the air. I found it on Netflix a couple years ago. The absence of a laugh track and being shot in a documentary fashion makes it very unique.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, started into this one late when it started being shown on Comedy Central last year. Wish I wouldn't have waited. I think the low point is brief arc with Will Ferrell, probably because I detest him. I also thought Steve Carell was pretty played out by the time he left. They did a good job of tying it all together at the end.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I was pretty meh about it when I tried to watch it years ago. About a year ago, a co-worker showed me some funny clips and I loved it so I went back and started watching it again. I love the show now. When I started watching it at home the wife was annoyed at first, but then she too started loving it. We pretty much just turn it on when we want background noise or something easy to watch without having to pay too close attention. We probably watch it 5 days a week haha. I will definitely miss it when Netflix loses it.

ETA: I didn't care for Will Ferrell being in it, though. My only dislike about the show.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The British lady was grating, I hated her charactor.

Will Ferrell was weak, but he wasnt around very long

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The Office has become my background noise. Probably on my seventh pass through the series.
It’s actually on right now. Take Your Daughter To Work Day.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post