SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kirk Douglas, gone at age 103.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirk Douglas, gone at age 103. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
War Wagon and Cast a Giant Shadow are two of my favorites of his. RIP.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP Kirk Douglas, he was a great one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Cactus Jack.(the villian)

Janes

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Kirk Douglas movie: "Ace in the hole"...1951.

Movie takes a sharp poke at Journalism.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Kirk Douglas did so many great movies that I managed to overlook Ace in the Hole until I noticed it at my library recently. What a pleasant surprise it was to "discover" it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember being impressed by the movie, Paths of Glory. I just checked the date of the movie, 1957. I was 15 at the time.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Kirk Douglas did so many great movies that I managed to overlook Ace in the Hole until I noticed it at my library recently. What a pleasant surprise it was to "discover" it.

Of all the great movies Douglas made Ace in the Hole is my favorite. Billy Wilder used him to perfection.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
RIP Spartacus

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
RIP Einar.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post