SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kirk Douglas, gone at age 103.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirk Douglas, gone at age 103. Login/Join 
posted
What can I say? One of the greatest. I need another shot of Glenmorangie.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Whatever happens, it happens because we choose for it. ... RIP Spartacus

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great actor and a great run.

I just watched him the other day in the War Wagon.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107572 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved him in most anything i saw him in.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
What a great picture of him, para. Helluva run. God rest his soul.

The first role that came to mind for me was Lonely Are the Brave, from the Ed Abbey book “The Brave Cowboy.” He was perfect.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Great genes! I loved him in the old big screen masterpieces. I'm 60, and he has been always there for my memory. 103! Wow! What a run.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly a great one and probably the last movie star from Hollywood’s Golden Age. RIP.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He provided a lot of fine entertainment over many years. 103 isn't doing too bad! Olivia de Havilland is a few months older than Kirk and is still with us. Doris Day passed in Spring of last year at 97.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I always remembered him from "The Final Countdown."

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not highly regard by Rotten Tomatoes, but I always liked "In Harm's Way".

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Me too!! Kirk Douglas was absolutely a man's man!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace, Kirk. While he made made some great movies, I loved ‘Greedy’.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
“Because you don’t know the answer to that question... I pity you.”

Most actors are clowns, he was a master of his craft.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Seven Days in May” was one of his that I really liked.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
These old lions of hollywood are just about gone now. These guys brought a lot of gravitas and screen presence didn't they?

I've always had a particular fondness for this scene:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/8W2-Q_tdQB0

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lonely Are The Brave is a favorite of mine.
R.I.P Kirk Douglas.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir,
As a kid I loved 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I also liked him in Cast a Giant Shadow.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite male actors of the era.

Saw him recently in The Man From Snowy River, Draw!, The Last Sunset, and Man Without A Star.

He lived a helluva life, and will be sorely missed.

RIP

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a life. I didn't realize he lived so long to be 103, amazing. He seemed pretty with it for that age, at least some of the interviews he gave a few years prior. I was able to see only his modern works in the theater like "The Villain"-enjoyed that as a kid,"Tough Guys",etc., and have seen some of his older stuff on tv and enjoyed them. Of course, Spartacus was most enjoyable.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post