SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fear The Walking Dead new season.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fear The Walking Dead new season. Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Then now it becomes more of the same, with even less to distinguish between the two.

Uhhh, okay... Confused

FTWD was already “more of the same.” It was a show about a group of people (some family and some strangers) forming a team to seek safety against the infected/walkers, while the bigger threat always ends up being other people. How was it ever any different of a show than TWD?

No coral?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Then now it becomes more of the same, with even less to distinguish between the two.

Uhhh, okay... Confused

FTWD was already “more of the same.” It was a show about a group of people (some family and some strangers) forming a team to seek safety against the infected/walkers, while the bigger threat always ends up being other people. How was it ever any different of a show than TWD?

No coral?

Big Grin

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Strange episode. No explanation for Nick's anger and then almost zero buildup for his exit. He must have wanted off pretty badly.

I always kind of liked him.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Nick’s mom has not been shown as part of the new group. I am wondering if her death drove his vengeance.

quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Strange episode. No explanation for Nick's anger and then almost zero buildup for his exit. He must have wanted off pretty badly.

I always kind of liked him.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Nick’s mom has not been shown as part of the new group. I am wondering if her death drove his vengeance.

His mom is like THE main character. You really think she's dead???

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I don't know but she has been conspicuously absent from the APC timeline. So far they have only shown her in the Stadium timeline and it seems like something goes wrong there and forces the group out onto the road by themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:

His mom is like THE main character. You really think she's dead???

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The new intro tune sounds a lot like Preacher's intro. I like it though.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Don’t read below if you didn’t watch Sunday.
I am thinking both Laura/Naomi and Madison are alive and the group just thinks there is no way they survived whatever happened at the stadium. We know Madison can’t be gone as the Rick of this series and Laura/Naomi was booked as a series regular. Hope so anyway. I like the new additions to the cast more than the prior seasons cast members.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**Spoiler Spoiler**

-
-
-
-
-
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
..Laura/Naomi was booked as a series regular.

They ruined the suspense by showing her in next week's preview clip.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the preview for next week a flashback of when she first met John Dorie?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:

I hope you're right, I make a point to not watch previews and accidentally caught a few seconds of last night's.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, it was.

I thoroughly enjoy what they are doing with FTWD. I was skeptical about the Morgan crossover, but I'm liking it so far. They aren't bound by any source material canon other than the Walkers and how the infection spreads. They are free to be creative otherwise, and I think it's really good.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that, so far, this season of FTWD is much better than the last season of TWD.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. I think it’s been great. A good combination of flashbacks and current events. It also feels a bit darker than TWD. Less grandiose storyline & acting. Though, couldn’t they just use s few rifles and picked off all the vultures right after they showed up. What, 6-7 ppl sitting around an open parking lot?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same here. I think it’s been great. A good combination of flashbacks and current events. It also feels a bit darker than TWD. Less grandiose storyline & acting. Though, couldn’t they just use s few rifles and picked off all the vultures right after they showed up. What, 6-7 ppl sitting around an open parking lot?

At that point, Madison and company were trying to build a "community", being nice, inviting the vultures in......I have doubts that will work out for them. Wink

I said the same thing about just sniping them and their vehicles. Be nice up to a point, then snipe the shit out of them. My plan is be nice, be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Agreed with the above comments. This show is much more enjoyable than TWD. FTWD better send some of their writing talent over to the TWD before the ratings drop even more.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Watching the after show, they show an interview with Alicia where she keeps referring to her new weapon as a flash suppressor.

That is of course NOT what it is, it is a barrel jacket/shroud. I simply don't believe she came up with that on her own, someone told her it was a flash suppressor, which means an uneducated idiot created another uneducated idiot...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Watching the after show, they show an interview with Alicia where she keeps referring to her new weapon as a flash suppressor.

That is of course NOT what it is, it is a barrel jacket/shroud. I simply don't believe she came up with that on her own, someone told her it was a flash suppressor, which means an uneducated idiot created another uneducated idiot...

Haha, that’s pretty bad cuz most shows with hire some weapons tech expert to handle this. Apparently, he/she is clueless.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haha, that’s pretty bad cuz most shows with hire some weapons tech expert to handle this. Apparently, he/she is clueless.

Beyond that she thought it made for a cool weapon. Kinda maybe as a bat but terrible for stabbing. Busted off end with all those holes acting as hooks, getting hung up on bone and tissue. Very not cool in fact.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I thought tonight's episode was damn good. I am enjoying the John Dorie character, an honorable cowboy.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The backstory on John Dorie was pretty good, and the brief real-time close-out between he & Morgan also.

Maybe the show can actually piece something together with the new additions & showrunners.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post