SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    So “Santa” brought my daughter an Oculus Quest VR. “Santa” Is Impressed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So “Santa” brought my daughter an Oculus Quest VR. “Santa” Is Impressed Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I am setting up this VR and just did the tutorial and WOW. For a completely untethered VR headset....Wow. I was giggling as I flew a remote control blimp and fired bottle rockets and did a shooting thing kind of like the Star Trek TNG phaser shooting range thing.

I tried to step UP onto a platform that of course is not there. Ahhhh the drunken memories of not knowing where your feet are.

At any rate I think this will blow her mind.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking at an Oculus Quest for my wife for possibly a Christmas present but waited too long. They were all on notify when available until last night. Now they can be delivered around 01 January. I wasn't sure if it would be a good system but am glad to read your review. I might have to go ahead and order one

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I haven’t tried any more adult stuff but the tracking is impressive. Don’t expect full power PC driven stuff but I did read that the quest can be hardwired into a PC and can play the more powerful stuff as well.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha's son has one in his room upstairs.

He is getting more of those sensor things around his room.

He built the most powerful PC you could get with $3000 available to him this past summer and he's hardwired into the gigabit router with gigabit service.

He can make my streaming jitter when it's running.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I wish I could use one but I'm blind in one eye.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My wife picked up the Rift around Thanksgiving. It is really mind blowing. Have you found any good games for it?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Its mostly for my daughter. I have played Arizona Sunshine and enjoyed that very much.

The only game I put on for me is called Robo Recall and it is sort of a frantic shooter and its pretty intense between the shooting, bullet dodging and picking up robots to beat the hell out of other robots.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I just tried the demos for
Super Hot - More fun then I expected

Creed Rise To Glory - Wow this puts wii boxing to shame. You even have arms and a body in this one its something. Not just disjointed hands

Darth Vadar Light Saber Game - VR was made for wielding a light saber. Way cool. I just did the training and its basically fighting those little round training things from the episode 4 in the Falcon. Way cool blocking blaster fire.

Its amazing how quickly your mind is completely in the other world. I mean in an instant I was in a boxing ring. I mean look around see the crowd etc.