SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wait a minute. You aren't seriously suggesting that if I get through the wire...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait a minute. You aren't seriously suggesting that if I get through the wire... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
and case everything out there... and don't get picked up... to turn myself in and get thrown back in the cooler for a couple of months so you can get the information you need?

Yes.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re crazy. You oughta be locked up. You too. Two hundred and fifty guys just walkin’ down the road, just like that?

Posts: 423 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
We have in effect put all our rotten eggs in one basket. And we intend to watch this basket carefully.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hilt, just Hilt.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do they call a mole in Scotland?

A mole.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are all American officers so ill-mannered?

Yeah, 'bout 99%.

Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts.

Captain Hilts.

Twenty days.

Right... Oh, uh, you'll still be here when I get out...?

Cooler.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't know, I wasn't going to use it myself.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tea without milk is so uncivilized.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I had to look this one up (one of the first). Never saw this, but I will. Thought it was Stalog 17 at first!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
COOLER!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Excellent! I had to look this one up (one of the first). Never saw this, but I will. Thought it was Stalog 17 at first!

Interesting tidbit for you: When you get to the parts where Steve McQueen has "acquired" a motorcycle, watch closely. As the scenes progress, you'll be watching McQueen chase himself; not only did he do most of his own riding (friend and stuntman Bud Ekins did the big jump), he was also one of the Germans riding in pursuit. His riding style is easy to spot.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
How...how how you managing over there without us? Getting along alright are you?

We seem to be getting along alright, sure. Sir.

Yes, well it's good stuff, Hilts.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
There is one small favor. A camera. We want to take some snapshots. You know, keepsakes. 35mm with a 2.8 lens and a plane shutter.

Focal-plane shutter.

Werner, that's a focal-plane shutter. Let me know when you got it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
COOLER!

TUD BOOMF pah.

TUD BOOMF pah.

TUD BOOMF pah.

<sound effects of the Cooler King in action>

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Nothing to quote, but the scene where the British officer hauls himself up into his bunk, then falls down through the gaps in the boards, cracks me up every time.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I want a system of stooges covering this compound from front to back, checking every goon in and out. I want a signal system so perfect that if ever a ferret gets within fifty feet of any of the huts in which we're working, we can shut down without a sign.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Interesting tidbit for you:

Another interesting note.. this movie is unusual in that most movies based on a true story take it and make it unbelievable. With this one, it's actually toned down a little. Some of the things they did in real life are more amazing and outlandish than in the film.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post