Find
Notify
Tools

Rio Bravo Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
So I'm sitting here watching "Rio Bravo" while everyone is napping. Have you ever noticed how much "Stumpy" (a.k.a. Walter Brennen) sounds like "Yoda"?

All in all, I like "El Dorado" better.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I watched also.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stumpy is hilarious.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
"This place is gettin' all cluttered-up with Burdettes!"

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Brennan roles:
Judge Roy Bean in The Westerner.
Old Man Clanton in My Darling Clementine.
Gifted character actor!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

All in all, I like "El Dorado" better.

They both had similar storylines, and I like both pics, for differing reasons. El Dorado had Michele Carey in it, and that alone is worth the admission price. As was her appearance in Dirty Dingus Magee.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My favorite Brennan roles:
Judge Roy Bean in The Westerner.
Old Man Clanton in My Darling Clementine.
Gifted character actor!

How about Support Your Local Sheriff, where he parodies his role of Old Man clanton in My Darling Clementine.
I also liked him in The Guns of Will Sonnett. "No brag, just fact."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I can practical' guarantee that!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seen both and like Rio Bravo better.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both are fantastic but I've seen El Dorado twice as many times as Rio Bravo but I watch both whenever I come across them on tv.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Not a movie, but I really enjoyed the late 1970's "How the West Was Won" TV series with James Arness. I don't get why it's never aired again.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you ever noticed how much "Stumpy" (a.k.a. Walter Brennen) sounds like "Yoda"?

"ever bit by a dead bee, have you been? Hmmm?"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Have you ever noticed how much "Stumpy" (a.k.a. Walter Brennen) sounds like "Yoda"?

"ever bit by a dead bee, have you been? Hmmm?"

Well Steve....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post