SIGforum
Movie uh-ohs.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2940021124

March 16, 2017, 04:21 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Movie uh-ohs.
In White Lightning, a hand is seen shifting gears on a floor shifter. Yet in more than one scene, Reynolds is seen pushing the column mount into Drive.

Oops on me, I meant pushing it into Park.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

March 16, 2017, 04:35 PM
2BobTanner
In one of the final scenes of the post-Civil War John Wayne Western movie "The Undefeated", which co-stars Rock Hudson, as the two are riding along on horses, on the opposite river bank can be seen a green pick-up truck entering the shot from the right side. I can't seem to find a YouTube link to it, but it's there if you look quickly enough. Razz

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
March 16, 2017, 05:08 PM
RAMIUS
In "The Hunt For Red October", the scene during which the Russians are evacuating the Red October, you can see the entire film crew standing on the deck, camera, director, all all.
March 16, 2017, 05:08 PM
egregore
There are some in the Die Hard movies. Die Hard 2 is supposed to take place in Dulles airport, but a bank of phone booths in the terminal is labeled "Pacific Bell." Live Free or Die Hard takes place in the Washington, D.C. area, but in the scene where he drives a semi-trailer truck onto a freeway (later to be chased and shot up by a F-35), the signs point to a "118 Freeway," which is in California near Los Angeles.
March 16, 2017, 08:17 PM
PASig
Do any of you guys read the "Goofs" section of IMDB for movies? There's TONS of gaffes and mistakes people point out!

March 16, 2017, 09:14 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Do any of you guys read the "Goofs" section of IMDB for movies? There's TONS of gaffes and mistakes people point out!

I have the habit of reading it while watching a movie for the first time Big Grin
March 16, 2017, 09:21 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

I have the habit of reading it while watching a movie for the first time Big Grin

I submitted this to IMDB a couple weeks ago, not sure if they liked it as I haven't seen it on the ST 2: The Wrath of Khan page yet:

quote:

Contribution Details

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
Goofs - Add
Goof: Chekov finds a seat belt buckle with the marking "SS Botany Bay" inside the shelter on Ceti Alpha V, but in the prequel ST series TV episode Space Seed, it's mentioned and shown that Khan jettisoned the Botany Bay in space once they took over the Enterprise. How then would an item from the Botany Bay make its way to Ceti Alpha V?
Type: Continuity

March 16, 2017, 11:43 PM
zoom6zoom
I can think of more than one movie where the biggest goof was that they even made the damn film.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
March 17, 2017, 10:41 AM
Chance
quote:
quote:
quote:

I submitted this to IMDB a couple weeks ago, not sure if they liked it as I haven't seen it on the ST 2: The Wrath of Khan page yet:

quote:

Contribution Details

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
Goofs - Add
Goof: Chekov finds a seat belt buckle with the marking "SS Botany Bay" inside the shelter on Ceti Alpha V, but in the prequel ST series TV episode Space Seed, it's mentioned and shown that Khan jettisoned the Botany Bay in space once they took over the Enterprise. How then would an item from the Botany Bay make its way to Ceti Alpha V?
Type: Continuity

Geek! Big Grin
March 17, 2017, 10:55 AM
PorterN
quote:
quote:

I typically watch a movie and notice them all, then afterward go on IMDB and see how many on their list that I ntoiced.

March 17, 2017, 11:34 AM
kx90
Striking Distance, opening chase scene, hub caps and bumpers seem to regrow on the cars. Big Grin
March 17, 2017, 01:06 PM
Bigboreshooter
One of the worst in in JAWS IV.

Michael Caine climbs into the boat, from the ocean, dripping wet. The camera cuts away to someone else on the boat, and when they cut back to MC, he is bone dry.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

March 17, 2017, 02:01 PM
Gustofer
I always like westerns that show contrails in the sky.

March 17, 2017, 02:29 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Walking Tall part II, Pusser is seen driving car which hadn't been delivered until later in the movie.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

March 17, 2017, 02:42 PM
Jim Shugart
You guys need to practice more 'suspension of disbelief' and just enjoy the movie. That's kinda like getting a blow job and looking for split ends in her hair. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
March 18, 2017, 09:41 AM
cas
I think the amount you care varies with the quality of the movie. In Commando you're not shocked to see the wire on the guys leg when he's hanging him off the cliff. Then the car goes from smashed to unsmashed. Hey, it's Commando.

But Sean Connery's collar buttoning and unbuttoning itself in The Untouchables, why understandable, is disappointing. Wink

March 18, 2017, 12:40 PM
gasche
Look in the mirrors on the set. Some times you'll catch crew in the reflections.
March 18, 2017, 01:17 PM
NavyAgShooter
I remember the scene in The Undefeated with the pickup truck driving in the background on the other side of the river. There's also another pickup parked in a driveway in the same scene.

In The Alamo, there is a scene with some type of service truck driving across the ridge line in the background. Maybe an 1836 model step van.
March 18, 2017, 01:33 PM
erj_pilot
As much as I loved "A Few Good Men", the discontinuities in the movie...even evident in the theatre...was disappointing. Guess Rob "Meathead" Reiner didn't want to pay that much attention to detail. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
March 18, 2017, 07:39 PM
Rob Decker
Live Free or Die Hard, Bruce Willis is frantically spinning the steering wheel of the police cruiser while the view out the windshield shows straight line acceleration in reverse.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.