SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Salton Sea ( 2002) A disturbing movie with
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Salton Sea ( 2002) A disturbing movie with Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Val Kilmer, Vincent D-Onofrio, Luis Guzman, R. Lee Ermey, Meat Loaf, Danny Triejo, and some other familiar faces.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235737/

I 'll admit ... I count cartridges and shots when I watch. Smile

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen the movie, but 25+ years ago I visited what's left of NAAS Salton Sea/Salton Sea Test Base:

http://www.airfields-freeman.c...Centro.htm#saltonsea

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I know nothing of this movie but I did watch a documentary some time back about the Salton Sea that was engrossing, a fascinating collection of misfits in one of those circles in hell.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8327 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I remember it as a movie that I enjoyed watching once, but had no desire to see again.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I do remember that I watched but I must admit I don't remember what it was about except Val Kilmer was in it. Confused

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
A very good and underrated movie.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
A very good and underrated movie.

Yes.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I do remember that I watched but I must admit I don't remember what it was about except Val Kilmer was in it. Confused

Drugs. Meth.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I watched it.

Doesn't Val Kilmer play a saxophone in it?

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know nothing of this movie but I did watch a documentary some time back about the Salton Sea that was engrossing, a fascinating collection of misfits in one of those circles in hell.

^^^
You have the documentary reference by any chance?

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^
You have the documentary reference by any chance?

Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea (2006)

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
Thank you.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it in a long time but enjoyed it back then.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Reading the synopsis, I think that's what I saw and I'd highly recommend it if the subject is at all of interest.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8327 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Dusted this one off today and watched it. Very good revenge movie. I quite enjoyed Val Kilmer's acting in this one. Highly underrated actor.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post