SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Carroll O'Connor sings ending theme of All in the Family
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carroll O'Connor sings ending theme of All in the Family Login/Join 
posted
I was reading about the show All in the Family yesterday and discovered that the the closing theme from the show also has lyrics written by Carrol O'Connor. Remembering You.

I found this video today and figured I would share.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing I enjoyed that. I'm a Carroll O'Connor fan.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Whenever there is an O'Connor thread, I feel it necessary to post this. Even without words, the man could really act.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
He was absolutely perfect in this groundbreaking show.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine and I were watching one of the first episodes and it totally freaked us out when we realized we are 15 years older than he was at the time he shot it. He was 45 years old. I'm about to turn 61, and my friend will soon be 60. Scary. I don't remember the actor, but we saw him in an old Gunsmoke episode shot soon before he died of a heart attack. He looked terrible, way way older than the 51 years old he was when he died.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carroll O'Connor lived to be 76. The irony of these suicide pantomimes is that his own son, Hugh would kill himself years later. It was the heartbreak of his life when that happened.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hugh played a deputy with his dad in The Heat of the Night. (Lonnie)

It's a pretty good show, and does not take long for you to forget that O'Conner was Archie Bunker.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Don't you know that the whole world puts on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Archie Bunker's chair is exhibited at the Smithsonian, in the National Museum of American History.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Whenever there is an O'Connor thread, I feel it necessary to post this. Even without words, the man could really act.

I truly needed this LOL.

Thank you

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Don't you know that the whole world puts on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe?

But my way I can hop around on one foot and keep both feet dry.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post