SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Shania Twain returns to No. 1 after a 15-year absence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shania Twain returns to No. 1 after a 15-year absence Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Ok, I'll admit I have been a fan., and she is still very easy on the eyes, so I previewed her new work. Disappointed. This "new" album is a complete rehash... Sounds more like a lost tracks album from back in the day than any new stuff. Might suit her hardcore fans but Country Music has moved on... I'll be surprised if it resonates with the younger fans now... But then I might be wrong!

Also, IIRC, she's just like Celine Dion, came here, made her millions and then left the country... Maybe 15 years had deleted her nest egg.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not sounding like the current "country music" would be a giant plus IMO.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
She sings?

Wink

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

+1

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder when she will stop blabbering about her break-up with Mutt Lang.

That was like 20 years ago. Sheesh.

She is a bit of a drama queen. Shut up and sing Babe.

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
She can harp on Mutt all she wants but he's the only reason she hit it big. She'd been performing for years and almost no one had heard of her until he worked his magic.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I just have to say, "OUCH!!!!!"

Sorry for the picture size, as I avoid posting large pics. But this one is worth it!!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Canadian Country Music.

(snort)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Canadian Country Music.

(snort)

It's very similar to American country music, but instead of your pickup truck breaking down, it's a snowmobile, you also have a pet moose instead of a dog. But it's okay, relax, guy, forget aboot it.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find her limited vocal range to be off putting

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I'd crawl through a mile of broken glass......

Wink

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
I'd crawl through a mile of broken glass......

Wink

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

True dat'

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
She can harp on Mutt all she wants but he's the only reason she hit it big. She'd been performing for years and almost no one had heard of her until he worked his magic.

His magic? All he did was take her sound and stir in some Def Lepard.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post