SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bloodline final season is coming out May 28th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bloodline final season is coming out May 28th Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. Agree that the last two episodes and ending overall sucked. I think Six Feet Under had one of the best series finales I can think of. It was interesting, creative, wrapped everything up, and most importantly, fit in with everything that came before it. I can't stand when the tone of the show changes or they add new characters at the end just to create some drama to wrap it up.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
SPOILER ALERT!!!

I finally finished it.
I'm still trying to come to terms with the ending. It was a tad Soprano-ish.

I loved the mood of the series, especially the first season. So many references to classic literature and lore. To me it felt like a modern mashup of King Lear, The Castle of Otranto, and Fall of the House of Usher. The ancient myth of Set and Osiris as John and Danny was also a bit apparent.

I hated how the show tied things up too quickly. The character Beth Mackey for instance. And the quick exit of Ozzy as another. The drunken admission of how the Rayburns and Roy were tied together.

But the one thing I honestly didn't get was the priest. Did he really exist? Did we not see Sally Rayburn confess to him? Or was it simply a delusion Ozzy had as he tried to frantically piece together one last ditch effort to defraud the family?

In the end I really wanted vindication for Eric O'Bannon.
Tragic.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
It was so good until this year. Not sure what happened, but it didn't feel like the same writers.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
SPOILER ALERT!!!

I finally finished it.
I'm still trying to come to terms with the ending. It was a tad Soprano-ish.

I loved the mood of the series, especially the first season. So many references to classic literature and lore. To me it felt like a modern mashup of King Lear, The Castle of Otranto, and Fall of the House of Usher. The ancient myth of Set and Osiris as John and Danny was also a bit apparent.

I hated how the show tied things up too quickly. The character Beth Mackey for instance. And the quick exit of Ozzy as another. The drunken admission of how the Rayburns and Roy were tied together.

But the one thing I honestly didn't get was the priest. Did he really exist? Did we not see Sally Rayburn confess to him? Or was it simply a delusion Ozzy had as he tried to frantically piece together one last ditch effort to defraud the family?

In the end I really wanted vindication for Eric O'Bannon.
Tragic.

Leguizamo was the priest (or pretending to be the priest) when Sally confessed to him. But then Leguizamo didn't have time to tell anyone.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted every character to die at the end of Season One, so I pretend the other seasons were never made.

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Leguizamo was the priest (or pretending to be the priest) when Sally confessed to him. But then Leguizamo didn't have time to tell anyone.

But when Ozzy went back to the parish to find Sr Lopez, there was a different priest there, and didn't know who Ozzy was talking about?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post