SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Female Villains from the 40s through the 60s?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Female Villains from the 40s through the 60s? Login/Join 
posted
Joan Crawford as Queen Bee is pretty evil.

Bette Davis is rather nasty in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Angela Lansbury-The Manchurian Candidate......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Catwoman.

Meow.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Catwoman.

Meow.

Eartha Kitt, Lee Merriweather or Julie Newmar?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:

That's the first thing I thought of.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
The Borg Queen, as portrayed by Alice Krige, or Susanna Thompson. Why stop at the 60's?

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1. Mrs. Iselin was one of the all time great villains, and one of the most underrated performances in film.

Also the Barbara Stanwyck character Phyllis in Double Indemnity.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I always liked Fu Manchu's ruthless daughter Lin; played by Tsai Chin.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Natasha.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Annie Laurie Starr in Gun Crazy aka Deadly is the Female.
James Cagney's mom in White Heat. She's never in the film but the finish is classic. A must-see film.
Throne of Blood, Lady Asaji Washizu (Lady McBeth). She hardly moves but makes your blood run cold.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah loved the Gun Crazy Film. She really jacked that nice guy all over the place. I'm a big fan of Film Noir. I like to be reminded that women had their ways even before feminism.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought of another film, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! with Tura Santana as the main villain.

This film is a classic must see film. It follows three go-go dancers who embark on a spree of kidnapping and murder in the California desert. The dialogue is something else again.

Conspirator of Mopery
Picture of dbldwn11
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good one, I was so happy that bitch got hers in the end.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary Astor as Brigid O'Shaughnessy in The Maltese Falcon.
"You're going over for it"!
To me, the ultimate 40s gun moll:
Virginia Mayo in White Heat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Natasha.

Someone had to say it. I would have if you had not already. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Either Mary Ann or Mrs Howell.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

Absolutely. Prior to Angela, there were very few female evil villains, outside of Disney animated films, The Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz, and Lady MacBeth roles (or variations of Lady MacBeth). Sure there were roles where the female was bad or mean, but very few as true evil villains.

quote:

Originally posted by SigJacket:
Catwoman.

Meow.

Eartha Kitt, Lee Merriweather or Julie Newmar?

All three at the same time. Big Grin Sure, it would kill me but it would take 6 morticians working 7 days to get the smile off of my face. Wink

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No love for Rosa Klebb (1963 Bond flick From Russia With Love)?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann Savage as Vera in Detour

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
In the James Bond film where Jaws gets dies in space, was his girlfriend a villian?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post