SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best/favorite Documentary about anything
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best/favorite Documentary about anything Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted
What is your favorite documentary of all time? (and can it be streamed now on one of the popular streaming services?)

--just looking for interesting things to watch. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So much to choose from and no idea about streaming options, I'll throw out Terry Zwigoff's "Crumb".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I have several, but Cocaine Cowboys comes to mind.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many to choose from these days, so here is three:
Making of a Murderer.
The Keepers.
Spitfire.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Hovers between documentary and fiction - but I really like Fatman and Littleboy; about the making of the first atomic bomb.

I also have a couple of DVDs distributed by Y12 weapons plant in Oak Ridge that provide the history of Oak Ridge and uranium enrichment/bomb making.

I also love the cable show "classic album" where they take some great album and walk thru the recording and tracks and little know facts.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
So much to choose from and no idea about streaming options, I'll throw out Terry Zwigoff's "Crumb".

I saw it and might still have he DVD. Bob Crumb was weird. Still alive, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ This one, and one about the Israeli Air Force produced by Steven Spielberg's wife.

"Above and Beyond: The Birth of the Israeli Air Force"

quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
'Spitfire - The plane that saved the world'

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sgSrpd3MxY4" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Thin Blue line. Suggested by Para. Excellent documentary.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
SigForum
This thread’s last post was only about 3 weeks ago

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bitter Lake by British documentarian Adam Curtis. He's produced several documentaries and they're all fascinating.

Bitter Lake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbq63r7rys

Century of the Self
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

HyperNormalisation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2cDKyFdyU&t=7047s

I would also recommend all of Werner Herzog's docs. You can probably find most if not all of them on either YouTube or Netflix.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post