SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone been to see TOOL this tour?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone been to see TOOL this tour? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Been a TOOL fan for suite some time but was really into their music back in the 90s in High School. That was back when Maynard was way out there underwear, bras, and boobs.
His performances looked seemed like the scene in Men In Black when the Alien took over the farmers body.
Not really sort of my scene and I passed up seeing them live a few times.
Figured it was time to suck it up and see them live so I'll be at the show next week in Cincinnati.
I'll admit I was pretty disappointed in Fear Inoculum. While not horrible I certainly was hoping for a bit more after waiting like 13 years for an album.

Anyone seen them this go round, worth it?
If Push It is anything like on Salival it will be worth it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Saw Night 2 in Denver the other week. It was simply amazing. They played a couple songs off the new album but they fit right into the show, not like that awkward new song where everyone goes to take a piss.

We were at the back of the arena and the sound was unbelievable. You won't be disappointed. Been a long time TOOL fan but didn't get to see them live until 2016. Though they played about half of the same songs, this show was hands down better.

You are going to love it.

As usual, taking pictures was forbidden, but it did not stop me....

A couple of the good ones.

Maynard let the fans take pics during the last song.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw them in Phoenix last week. Great show except I didn’t get home until 1am and that’s WAY past my bedtime... too old for 1a nights lol

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
How long was your drive home?
I have a 2 hour drive home, show starts at 7:30, I have not been up past 10:30 in quite some time.

Have Elton John tickets in a few months and that show doesn’t start until 8:00 but it is only a 20 minute drive home from that one.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Ehh Maybe 90 min from Glendale at night. Made some stops along the way home to drop off some friends I was with. Just a long night lol

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I’m seeing them this Thursday. I didn’t plan on going, but a friend has an extra ticket. I’m not a fan of crowds, but I’ll make the exception for MJK.

Haven’t seen Tool live since 1995, but have gone to APC and Puscifer shows. Looking forward to this show, the new album has grown on me.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Going Wednesday in Cleveland. Following their social media pages of the recent shows and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I am excited to say the least.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Hey squad.

Did you see the show on Thursday? What’d ya think?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
Going Wednesday in Cleveland. Following their social media pages of the recent shows and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I am excited to say the least.

Once in a lifetime for me so I spent some $$$ to go.

They wouldn’t let anyone use their phones till the end.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Due to events outside of my control I did not get too go.

————————————————

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Due to events outside of my control I did not get too go.

Bummer Black92LXFrown

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
In my earlier reply, I mentioned Thursday.

I saw them Friday in Pittsburgh. Amazing show, they sounded incredible, and the sound setup was perfect. We had decent seats, and it was nice to just be able to sit and enjoy the show.

At end of the show, Maynard commented, "Pittsburgh, Thanks for the ketchup". Heinz 57 is a Pittsburgh brand.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
It was great! They are incredible musicians and Danny really beats the crap out of those drums. It was definitely an experience, strongly recommend to anyone to go if they tour in your area.
The Set List was perfect, I would not have changed a thing.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I don’t think I’m going to get to go, but as a fun aside someone posted a picture on a roadie group on FB of one of the crew passes they were using. It was a picture of a stick figure being hung and was marked Epstein, while another stick figure sat in a chair eating popcorn and watching.

It was removed from the group pretty quickly since posting all access passes on social media is obviously forbidden, but it was pretty hilarious.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
In January if all goes well...

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
That was awesome! Seemed like a good mix of new and old.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
The closest they’re coming to me is Bonnaroo. Frown

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post