SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dean Koontz - Your Favorite?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dean Koontz - Your Favorite? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
The Bad Place by Dean Koontz is one of my favorite books.

If you are a Dean Koontz fan, do you have a favorite?

I'm looking for my next read.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
It's been a while, but I remember Cold Fire and Lightning being good.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been several years since I've read his books, but at one point I was a big fan. I've probably read at least a dozen of his novels, and even got him to sign a copy of Intensity at a book signing.

A few I remember liking was Hideaway, Cold Fire, and Fear Nothing. There was another one I really liked, but I can't remember the name, and I don't think I can describe it without spoilers. I'll have to see if I can figure out which one it was.

I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the movie Odd Thomas on Netflix.

FWIW, I gave up on his books when I realized they all told the same basic story.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Odd Thomas.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Watchers was one of his first and is still my favorite. If you're a dog lover then it's a must read.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Fear Nothing and Seize the Night are two of my favorites. There was supposed to be a third book in this series, but I don't think it was ever written. Or if it was, I missed it.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Watchers was one of his first and is still my favorite. If you're a dog lover then it's a must read.

This is my vote as well. Just love that book - though it is a bit dated now.

That would also be my vote for worst movie adapted from a book. The protagonist goes from being a Vietnam vet - to being a kid played by Cory Haim.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Lightning was my favorite.

Odd Thomas series keeps me reading him.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
For just one book Intensity
For a series the Frankenstein books.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Phantoms
Twilight Eyes
Watchers

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Lightning.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Phantoms. Fantastic book.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phantoms
The Frankenstein series
and Twilight Eyes

I would rather regret the things that I have done than regret the things I have not done.

Posts: 503 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first few Odd Thomas books, Watchers and Lightning. I also thought The Good Guy was a good read.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Strangers was an amazing book.
I'm a big Koontz fan.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Watchers.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Phantoms for being actually scary when I read it way back when.

Lightning and Watchers as second mention.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Watchers.

One of my favorites.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also liked lightning a lot. One I have not seen mentioned that was good is The Bad Place.

Dark Rivers Of The Heart was good but pretty messed up.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Phantoms
Watchers
Midnight

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post