SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Once Upon a Time.... In Hollywood.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once Upon a Time.... In Hollywood. Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
There has to have been a discussion about his movie but I did a search and could not find it... sorry.

Recorded it over the weekend and watched it yesterday... I know Tarantino is good at skewing the time line... but this one threw me....maybe it was because I was at home and not watching on a big screen but the transitions were just not that evident. If I had something better to do I probably would have turned it off in the first 30 minutes and at over 2 hours and 40.... Tarantino must have been owed big time to get away with that....

Not to totally ruin the ending for folks who have not seen it, probably help you make it through.. the whole premise is what if the crazy killers that were followers of Charles Manson went to the wrong house?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it and hate to say it but we were bored until the last few minutes.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
There has to have been a discussion about his movie but I did a search and could not find it... sorry.

Did a search for "once upon a time:"
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...590020754#3590020754

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand this movie was up for and won many awards. I have to ask why? Granted the actors did a nice job as well as the dog but is was way too long. If they were going to make this long of a movie and bring in Manson and Tate they should have had the murders. Cut 45 minutes and it might have been more watchable.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
I understand this movie was up for and won many awards. I have to ask why? Granted the actors did a nice job as well as the dog but is was way too long. If they were going to make this long of a movie and bring in Manson and Tate they should have had the murders. Cut 45 minutes and it might have been more watchable.

Pitt didn't deserve the win. It was a popularity win. No way did he outplay Pesci in the Irishman. What a joke. The film was not even close to past Tarantino films. And Hollywood gushed all over it. There were much better films last year, Clint's Richard Jewell comes to mind, The Two Popes, The Irishman. Once upon a time was not a good film. Minutes and minutes of Pitt or Cliff Booth just driving around. The only thing I liked about the entire film was Margaret Qualley.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Finally watched it and hate to say it but we were bored until the last few minutes.

That's exactly how I felt, to the point of almost dozing off and I usually love QT's movies.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the back up... I was wondering if I missed something.... this thing did not come close to Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown which I watched for a 2nd time over the weekend and am starting to find I may like best of those three. The final fight scene is great even though I think the flame thrower is a just a tad over the top....

The two scenes with Decaprio and the little girl were outstanding too....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it a lot. Probably too long, but great acting and for the most part, dialogue. Not an amazing movie, but very solid.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Very much enjoyed this, and Tarantino's other "revisionist history" movie, Inglorious Bastards

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post