SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Two van Gogh prints are discovered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two van Gogh prints are discovered Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Two previously unrecognized Vincent van Gogh drawings have come to light:

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetec...ngs-Netherlands.html

They're interesting, but my favorite B&W drawing is "Castrovalva", by M. C. Escher. I have a nice framed copy of this print on the wall of my white, gray, and black bathroom.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That guy could sketch a map to the wine shop and make it look good.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My favorite portrayal of Van Gogh was in Doctor Who where he was visited by The Doctor and Amy Pond. A very cool way in how they showed what may have been his inspiration for Starry Night:

Vincent Van Gogh: "Hold my hand doctor, try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky, it's not dark and black and without character. The black is in fact a deep blue. And over there! Lighter blues.. And blowing through the blueness and the blackness, the winds swirling through the air. And they're shining.. burning, bursting through! the stars! Can you see how they roll their light? Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes!"

The doctor: "I've seen many things my friend. But you're right.. Nothing.. quite as wonderful as the things you see.."

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite portrayal of Van Gogh was in Doctor Who where he was visited by The Doctor and Amy Pond.

There was also an episode called "Castrovalva", (Peter Davisdson) that wove in elements of the painting's theme.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post