SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in? Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I liked it pretty well. Shooting the walker in the leg and watching the "real" dead move in for the buffet was gratifying to watch.

Still too much interpersonal drama, but I'll hang in there.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Season 9 is definitely better than the previous couple of seasons.

The Whisperers are a good addition to the world with their limited ability to control the walker's movement. I also like the fact that you never know if some of the walkers you see are Whisperers.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm still hanging in despite lots of disappointment ever since Negan showed up. The new stuff does feel kind of new, but it hasn't won me over and I remain bitter about the sins of the past.

Judith could be likable if it weren't so ridiculous that: she's allowed to roam around outside the compound, can shoot Rick's Python with ease and accuracy, has a kid-sized version of Michonne's sword, and, she was allowed to converse with Negan, I guess.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
It was terrible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Judith could be likable if it weren't so ridiculous that: she's allowed to roam around outside the compound, can shoot Rick's Python with ease and accuracy, has a kid-sized version of Michonne's sword, and, she was allowed to converse with Negan, I guess.

I thought the sword was ridiculous at first too, but them remembered that Japanese swords often come in sets...a long one for combat, and a short one worn indoors for personal protection where combat weapons were forbidden.

Also, a large Python shooting .38spl would actually be easier to shoot than a small gun shooting the same caliber. Heavy guns reduce felt recoil, and revolvers have no reciprocating mass. In fact, Rick's Python is pretty much perfect for her--smooth double action trigger she can pull the hammer back on between rounds and no slide to rack.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've read a couple of articles this week saying the writers are killing off another one of the bigger stars, probably the king. It looks like for now Darell and Carol may make it to the end of the season. I guess living 8 9 or 10 years after the end of civilization as we know it is a pretty good run!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I've read a couple of articles this week saying the writers are killing off another one of the bigger stars, probably the king. It looks like for now Darell and Carol may make it to the end of the season. I guess living 8 9 or 10 years after the end of civilization as we know it is a pretty good run!

I've been thinking for some time that the King was a short-timer, not my idea of a bigger star. His kingship was never really justified it seems, he's always been comic relief for the most part. Once he hooked up with Carol (who seems to tolerate him at best), that seemed to seal his fate.

I see AMC running promos for some awful looking show with Lauren Cohan (Maggie) so I guess she's gone. TWD producers can't be happy not getting to give her some lurid sendoff.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I read that Michonne is leaving, but not until Season 10. Possibly why Judith was given a wakizashi to carry on the Bushido tradition.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
*****Possible Spoilers*****

Here is the status of the Actors/Characters as I understand right now.

-Rick is getting a trilogy of movies to wrap up his story post helicopter ride.

-Maggie is gone while her new show runs. AMC is contemplating a standalone movie treatment for Maggie that Rick is going to get. AMC is not closing the door on Maggie returning.

-Michonne is gone after next season. Michonne is getting the Rick treatment next season appearing in a handful of episodes. Michonne may show up in the Rick Grimes trilogy of movies.

-Daryl and Carol will be the central characters going forward. Both actors are getting big raises.

TWD is renewed for season 10 so we will get at least 1 more season.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: daikyu,

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Uh, that's kind of some spoilers there. I personally don't care at this point, but some may.

I expect Lauren Cohan's new project, Whiskey Cavalier, won't be around for long, considering how few new broadcast TV shows survive. I don't blame her for continuing to try to branch out, but Maggie may indeed return.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Edited my post for possible spoilers.

Everything I have seen publicly stated by TWD brass is that the door is open for Cohan if she wishes/is able to return. Given the track record for new shows maybe she will come back if her new show implodes.

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
^^^^ Uh, that's kind of some spoilers there. I personally don't care at this point, but some may.

I expect Lauren Cohan's new project, Whiskey Cavalier, won't be around for long, considering how few new broadcast TV shows survive. I don't blame her for continuing to try to branch out, but Maggie may indeed return.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Regarding the last episode, I actually like how they used the flashbacks to help build the Alpha character, and her daughter. Rather wish they would have done that with some of the other current characters.

Whiskey Cavalier doesn't look too bad, I guess it will all depend on how that show goes regarding Cohan.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I love Judith's comment to Negan;

Language! I'm a kid, asshole!!!

LOL!! I was dying!!!!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That Alpha chick is one evil bitch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Yeah....she needs to dealt with asap!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:

She will be by Carol.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**SPOILER**

So the Whisperers show up at a fort with small numbers, bladed weapons and no cover and throw their weight around?

OK they had bargaining chips but didn't play them until pressed, like they're just too scary. Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:

She will be by Carol.

I'd like to see Darryl unload on her abusive behind. Would be...cathartic for him.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Carol is always a good option, but IMO this one seems to be setting up more for Daryl, the teen boy, or the woman's daughter to do the deed.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
**SPOILER**

So the Whisperers show up at a fort with small numbers, bladed weapons and no cover and throw their weight around?

OK they had bargaining chips but didn't play them until pressed, like they're just too scary. Roll Eyes

I don't think they were looking for conflict.

She literally just wanted her daughter back and was willing to trade. She even gave them a good deal. No show of force necessary.

In the end, the Whispers do not fear walls. In their opinion, walls are just death traps. They control herds of walkers, and as far as the Whispers are concerned, they can just bring a herd up to the walls to take it down. They've seen walls fall before, I'm sure.

If there was a cavalier attitude, it's because the Whispers hold the trump card.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post