SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
8 years down. Rick is supposedly leaving. What's next? There has been good and bad with the series. Since it came out, I have probably missed maybe 5 episodes in real time, those maybe the next day. I've stuck with it. I'll be there October 7th.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
October 7th I'll be in Sweden, and it's time to cut the cord. Rick's "We must save Negan and we can all live in peace" conversion was too much for me. Yeah, I'm wondering about Maggie's baby and other side plots, but this may be my time to quit.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I'm in for another season. It will be interesting to see how the show carries on after Rick's departure. Fear the Walking Dead has killed off almost all of the their characters that started off the first season and that show has only gotten better with age. Maybe Rick's departure will be a good thing.

Posts: 1693 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I’m in. I stuck it out for SOA and that was far worse that TWD.

Hoping for a rebound up from Season 8, which was generally disappointing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Recently got 3 episodes in on season 8, I'm done.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I plan to stick with it at least until Rick leaves/dies. Do they think the show can go on without him? I don't see how interest will fall off even more, and quickly.

I he going to FTWD?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I plan to stick with it at least until Rick leaves/dies. Do they think the show can go on without him? I don't see how interest will fall off even more, and quickly.

I he going to FTWD?
It's pretty much going to take them the entire season to kill Rick, so you're committing to the entire season, that's how these guys roll. Stupid flashbacks, throw in some "because Carl wanted it", I don't know, we'll see.

Seriously? Just because... Morgan? I couldn't possibly find that less likely.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Rick is definitely leaving. Andrew Lincoln does not want to do it anymore. Too far from his family in England.

While not nearly as compelling as it used to be, I am in for this season.

I am hoping that Gimple's departure breathes some new life into the series.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
I think Maggie will gut Negan like a fish just as soon as Rick is out of the picture. I don’t see Maggie and Negan co-existing on any level.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I just started this show a couple weeks ago. Been binge-watching on Apple TV. If I can make it through the first 8 seasons (on season 5 now), I'll tune into the S9 premiere this weekend.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The actions of the characters have gotten so stupid and unrealistic I just can’t stand watching it anymore. I want a season where they all become zombies, especially Rick and a group of people who aren’t idiots arrives to decapitate them. Now that’d be entertainment.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I used to be a big fan from the beginning, but stopped the same season when Glenn got whacked. Enough was enough, I haven't missed it since, not one tiny bit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The mrs. still watches it, I will sit down with her and feign interest until i cant take it anymore and read a book. She is done after Rick is gone, unless of course the show gets better without Scott Gimple. FTWD was getting interesting until this last season. It was very Gimple-esque with the characters getting separated and each episode turning into a different character's story, their inevitable reunion, and the addition of a few other characters no one really cares about. Lenny James' character is getting tiring, in the same way Ricks character is/was. I just want it all to end already.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost interest back when they were still in the prison and the governor was lurking about outside and Rick wanted to pretend to be Farmer McDonald. I came back while they were on the road heading to Alexandria and again lost interest after Morgan returned and tried to be the voice of peace. The story keeps recycling the same plot and the characters keep making the same mistakes so it is hard to empathize. That said, I might tune in to watch Rick 'die' only to wake up in the hospital all Dallas (or Bob Newhart) style

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I used to be a big fan from the beginning, but stopped the same season when Glenn got whacked. Enough was enough, I haven't missed it since, not one tiny bit.

Pretty much this, I’ll read the reviews here to see if I should start back up but sounds like it’s total crap now.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I didn't finish last season because I got so tired of it. I'll finish it at some point this year.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yep, in for one, in for all.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
***SPOILER*** I FFW to the end of the last episode of season 8 when Rick cuts Neegan's throat then says "save him" Ugh. Then I turned it off.

I find this happens a lot with shows based on comic books. All the shoe horned morality crap. Neegan was a wart on the ass of humanity. He deserves and needs to DIE. so, no, don't "save him"

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3810 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I didn't read any of this thread because I just started watching season 7 and I don't want any spoilers. But I needed to vent... damn these people shoot worse than storm troopers!

(maybe it's because so many of their rifles don't have sights) Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Looks like the guy that played Hershel passed away.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post