SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Live musical performances...list some of your favorites...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live musical performances...list some of your favorites... Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The Ramones, 1978 at the Red Lion in Champaign, Il. My toes were bumped into the foot or more riser that was the stage, clunky early Ikegami on my shoulder and Johnny Ramone playing to me inches away. Utterly transcendent, it doesn't get better than this evening. It doesn't have to, I was there and that will always be.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
BisleyBH— That is a great album, lucky you to be there. Congrats!!

I’ve seen a bunch of concerts, three that really impressed me was

Gordon Lightfoot
The Call
Zappa

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rebut10:
As much as I like the OP's version of Brothers In Arms, the one below is my favorite...

I can't get the video to post...click the link, it's worth it.

https://youtu.be/pmM-OaOaqFs?list=RDpmM-OaOaqFs

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Tommy Emmanuel. Seen him on three different occasions. Phenomenal.

Saw Diana Krall at a smaller show. Lovely.

Saw Norah Jones at THOB in New Orleans just as she was becoming popular.

Seeing Knopfler on 9/6, finally. Can't wait.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Tina and Ike Turner. Back in the day.

Especially that costume Tina almost didn't wear.

Sat 10' from the stage.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

In 1973, I had the distinct pleasure of attending a live performance at the Red Slipper Lounge (in a Holiday Inn), just north of Lexington KY. The band was JD Crowe and the New South, with JD Crowe on banjo, Tony Rice on guitar, Ricky Skaggs on mandolin and fiddle, Jerry Douglas on Dobro, and Bobby Slone on Bass. Ricky's hair style was typical of the time, blow dried and shoulder length, and Jerry Douglas was a pimply youngster. Most of the music from that performance is available on CD, titled JD Crowe and the New South.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Tommy Emmanuel. Seen him on three different occasions. Phenomenal.

Saw Diana Krall at a smaller show. Lovely.

Saw Norah Jones at THOB in New Orleans just as she was becoming popular.

Seeing Knopfler on 9/6, finally. Can't wait.

I would love to see Tommy Emmanuel!

For me in no particular order:

Elvis
Chicago
Tom Jones
Willie Nelson
Heart (in their early prime)
B J Thomas
Elton John
Billy Joel
Boz Scaggs
John Prine
Mac McAnally
Jerry Lee Lewis
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers
Barbara Mandrell

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dbuck47:

I would love to see Tommy Emmanuel!

https://tommyemmanuel.com/tours/

Smile

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen some great shows. My all time favorite has to be when Bowie and Reznor toured together in the 90s.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
As much as I like the OP's version of Brothers In Arms, the one below is my favorite...

I can't get the video to post...click the link, it's worth it.

https://youtu.be/pmM-OaOaqFs?list=RDpmM-OaOaqFs

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmM-OaOaqFs?list=RDpmM-OaOaqFs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks Tigereye

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
the greatest woman singer of the generation, Linda Ronstadt, tons of her concert videos on youtube. I saw her twice.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Three of the best I can immediately recall:

Styx (Cars opened) from the 6th row, center. Their Grand Illusion tour and what made them THE show to see of the day.

Kinks front row center. Ray (or Dave?) invited my date up on stage. It was her first concert and had a blast.

Queen, third row center.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve been attending live music events since I was 18 or 19 and I’ve seen a few winters since then. I’ve also seen a who’s who of big name tours. I’ll go a different direction. These are just shows from the last 3 years or so that I thought were great.

Samantha Fish, a couple times recently. She’s phenomenal;

Doyle Bramhall II. We saw him in Fort Collins in probably the smallest venue I’ve ever seen a known performer in...maybe a 100 people. Then in the spring in the Royal Albert Hall with Clapton;

JD McPherson and his band. Original artist with a roots rock vibe. Great show.

Joe Bonamassa. He gives you your money’s worth, and then some.

Holly Williams. Granddaughter of Hank and daughter of Hank Jr. Singer/songwriter and hugely talented.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks Tigereye

Wink