SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Live musical performances...list some of your favorites...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live musical performances...list some of your favorites... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/UYZv-o01Qis

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/EMRJT2ebvAk

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Clapton
BB King
Leo Kottke
Eagles
Jimmy Buffett
Willie Nelson
George Strait
And a ton of others

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, it's true what they used to say about Sammy Hagar. You had to see him live. Never so impressed in my damn life.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Jimmy Buffett

I saw Jimmy Buffett at the Fox Theater in Atlanta (anybody that’s been to the Fox will understand just how great a place it is)...that will go down as one of my favorite concerts ever... You Had To Be There Cool

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eyZSWk-7zW0

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Elton John, at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

He is old, so touring is not his thing, so he does a show and then goes up to his penthouse and rests.

Fantastic show, and of course the Colosseum did it up right. Plus it was one of those "I've always wanted to see so-and-so live" and before you know it they are no longer with us. Glad I have seen Elton John.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Last year I caught Hooverphonic at the very intimate venue Neck of the Woods in San Francisco. Their current singer Luka Cruysberghs is pretty good, but I was sorry I never caught them with their previous singer Noémie Wolfs. I loved her voice!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AC/DC Live at the River Plate.
Trans Siberia Orchestra. Anywhere.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Last year I caught Hooverphonic at the very intimate venue Neck of the Woods in San Francisco. Their current singer Luka Cruysberghs is pretty good, but I was sorry I never caught them with their previous singer Noémie Wolfs. I loved her voice!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJ2Rxnpt_LU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

seems a lot of those trip-hop type bands have roving singers,

I would like to have caught Massive Attack years go for Paradise Circus,

and Zero 7 when Sia was singing for them,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if you are a youtube user, look at KEXP, and NPR's Tinydesk series,

some excellent performances by both Indy/Alt types and more popular or well known artists,,

also

Goldfrapp, Maide Vale in 2013
Pink Martini, there are several live versions at various outdoor venues (with Storm Large) that are excellent

Simple Minds Live in Edinburgh 2015

X on KEXP

Richie Kotzen live show 2015 (not sure where it was filmed)

I'll also google live shows from Coachella, Glastonbury, and similar big festivals to see how the shows were

one of the best live movies, from many moons ago, is Urgh, A Music War,,

good stuff

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers at numerous Circus Mexicus'

Pixies on the Doolittle Anniversary tour

Depeche Mode & OMD at Compton Terrace in 1987

U2 on the Joshua Tree tour

INXS on the Listen Like Thieves tour

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Flatt and Scruggs at Carnegie music hall in 1962. Sinatra at the Sands is also great, in my opinion.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to see Luther Allison in ‘96, he passed in ‘97. [FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fMRFK4D-ApU [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Last year I caught Hooverphonic at the very intimate venue Neck of the Woods in San Francisco. Their current singer Luka Cruysberghs is pretty good, but I was sorry I never caught them with their previous singer Noémie Wolfs.

I would like to have caught Massive Attack years go for Paradise Circus and Zero 7 when Sia was singing for them.

I've got tickets for Massive Attack on Sept 7th (postponed from March). Apparently they got the Cocteau Twins' Liz Fraser with them. She NEVER tours!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Santana
Hendrix
Clapton

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
As much as I like the OP's version of Brothers In Arms, the one below is my favorite...

I can't get the video to post...click the link, it's worth it.

https://youtu.be/pmM-OaOaqFs?list=RDpmM-OaOaqFs

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Last year I caught Hooverphonic at the very intimate venue Neck of the Woods in San Francisco. Their current singer Luka Cruysberghs is pretty good, but I was sorry I never caught them with their previous singer Noémie Wolfs.

I would like to have caught Massive Attack years go for Paradise Circus and Zero 7 when Sia was singing for them.

I've got tickets for Massive Attack on Sept 7th (postponed from March). Apparently they got the Cocteau Twins' Liz Fraser with them. She NEVER tours!

heard that,

saw a vid on utube, iirc, of her singing with them now,

good stuff

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Any of the Buddy Rich Memorial concerts with this one showing three of the best drummers out there:

https://youtu.be/2yiSAE7osPo

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Some of the best live performances I’ve witnessed in person...

Doobie Brothers Farewell Tour in the Carowinds Ampitheater...early 80’s I believe.

Billy Joel and Elton John outdoors in Death Valley, Clemson, SC...mid to late 90’s.

Alison Krauss in the Fox Theater, Atlanta, GA a few years back.

U2 Joshua Tree Tour in MetLife Stadium, NJ, just last summer.

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Among the best:
Jethro Tull
Chicago
Eagles with Joe Walsh
Rolling Stones
Rod Stewart
Oak Ridge Boys
Vladimir Horowitz
Andres Segovia
Lots of Music Theater

Obviously, my tastes are eclectic.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 169 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post