SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    2017 MotoGP predictions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 MotoGP predictions Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
What are your hopes and expectations for the 2017 season?

I hope Suzuki continues to improve the GSX-RR and can find ways to keep winning races. I'm surprised by Rins in these early tests, he looks to be a promising rider for Suzuki. Iannone will certainly be fun to watch so long as he keeps the bike on the track.

I expect to see Vinalez do incredible things on that Yamaha.

And yes, I would like to see Rossi win one more title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Gonna be the Vinales/Marquez show. They've been fucking with each other all during tests this year, sizing each other up. (Marquez jacking with Maverick more than anything) Honda has a new Big Bang motor. If they got it right (Paddock insiders say Marquez is sandbagging, Valentino is saying it also) then everyone else is screwed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine,

You appear to have been right about Rins. Thus far he has been constantly injured a disappointment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Welp, 2 races to go. Best season in history, most competitive (had 4-5 racers with a shot at the title for most of the season), and this past weekend at PI, was the best race this year and in several years. Sepang is this weekend then a few weeks break for the last race @ Valencia.

As I predicted, Marc Marquez will once again be MotoGP world champion.

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Unless Desmo Dovi can somehow steal it away, fastest so far in Maylay.

Posts: 474 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welp, 2 races to go. Best season in history, most competitive (had 4-5 racers with a shot at the title for most of the season), and this past weekend at PI, was the best race this year and in several years. Sepang is this weekend then a few weeks break for the last race @ Valencia.

Holy hell....last weekend in the wet, this weekend at PI. Can't ask for much better than this. Edge of your seat, nail biting, entertainment for sure. A crash out or another blown motor could spell the end of Marc's chances but I am not holding my breath for either to happen. Can't wait 'til Sunday Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Another wet weekend! Maybe Valencia will be better. Luckily nobody in the running went down.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
quote:

Unless Desmo Dovi can somehow steal it away, fastest so far in Maylay.

Team orders. “Map 8” was code on Lorenzo’s dash. He slowed slightly which cooled that front tire and down he almost went. Happy for Dovi still.

I’m no Marquez fan but all he really has to do is stay on the bike at Valencia and he has it. Even if Marc crashes out Dovi has to win the race to be world champ. So a win with a MM DNF is the only way. Marc could crash, Dovi gets second and still loses.

The Honda’s go very well around Valencia, Ducati not so much. I will be rooting for Andrea though.

Rossi at PI was unbelievable, Miller also. Rossi’s leg was broke in 3 places and a much more severe break than Miller’s. But they were both out there duking it out on one good leg,
Trading paint. PInwas the best race in years....

#46/#58/#5(CEII) for life!