SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    12 Angry Men
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Angry Men Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else a fan of this classic? I was 15 when it came out and probably thought it was a Western, when I bought my ticket. I remember thinking after the first five or ten minutes, " oh man, this movie looks like the whole thing is going to take place in this one room!" Then after another five minutes or so, I was spellbound . A true classic film .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. I think Lee J. Cobb was under rated as an actor.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
12 Angry Men was indeed a classic film. The epitome of ensemble-acting to the fullest. It sported an exemplary-cast of character-actors. The script was very tight, and the interplay among the principals was a fascinating study in human nature.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The new one, which was made for showtime in 1997, is really, really good too....it has James Gandolfini, Jack Lemmon, and George C Scott. Tony Danza as well, in a surprisingly good job. Hume Cronyn too

I loved the original so I was skeptical about the new one but I have to say, it is damn good, maybe as good as the originals.

If you've never seen it, check it out

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like both versions.

Posts: 4579 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
My main gripe about the movie is that Henry Fonda corrupts his position as a juror and becomes an investigator who then introduces new evidence regarding the murder weapon in the jury room during deliberations.

I always felt a better ending would be for the character Fonda plays to be denounced to the court and then tried and convicted of jury tampering.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, I thought the best scene in the movie was when they were talking about what a rare knife it was and Fonda pulls an identical one out of his pocket and sticks it in the table.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I liked the way, Jack Klugman's character demonstrated the 'proper way' to use a switchblade.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I like both versions.

Me too! Absolutely one of my faves.
One of the few movies that the sequel was almost as good as the orignal.

And I only say "almost" because the original was a freaking great classic.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
My main gripe about the movie is that Henry Fonda corrupts his position as a juror and becomes an investigator who then introduces new evidence regarding the murder weapon in the jury room during deliberations.

I always felt a better ending would be for the character Fonda plays to be denounced to the court and then tried and convicted of jury tampering.

You know that does raise a question, what would happen if a juror pulled that stunt in real life? I've never done Jury duty, but I've been on a court martial panel. We were specifically instructed not to do stuff like that during the case.

Still a great morality play thought.

Posts: 4579 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post