SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    R.I.P. Max von Sydow at 90
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R.I.P. Max von Sydow at 90 Login/Join 
posted
Another great one gone. Good Bye Ming the Merciless.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...ed-90-121621154.html

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
RIP King Osric..

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5395 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The more I had to act like a saint, the more I felt like being a sinner.. Rip sir Sydow

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Rip.

If you haven't seen The Virgin Spring it's a must.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
If you have never seen "Three days of the Condor" do so ASAP. Max von Sydow plays one of the best professional hit men ever to grace the scene.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
RIP Max Von Sydow. He was also excellent as the psychiatrist in "Citizen X".

Burakov : [to Bukhanovsky, as Fetisov shakes the doctor's hand] He'd say something witty but he's overcome with emotion right now.

Bukhanovsky : Thank you both. And may I say that, together, you make a wonderful person.

Here is the entire movie on Youtube:

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I re-watched Flash Gordon in his memory. Yeah, it was a giant cheese-fest, but he was magnificent in that film.

On a dramatic note, he was outstanding in the 1990 movie "Father." Here is the link to a synopsis on Wiki; just be advised there are spoilers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_(1990_film)

He played a German immigrant in Australia, accused of being a war criminal. I haven't seen it for at least 25 years, but he put in an amazing performance.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Sigwally. He was absolutely riveting when explaining to Redford how they would come for him. And of course in the exorcist.

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 270 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, Three Days of the Condor was one of his best.
..."would you please move away from the window".

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't he in a film where he played an inmate in some god-forsaken, cold, inescapable fortress of a prison from which he would escape and commit murders only to get himself back in before they knew he was gone? I think I'm remembering it right. Scary dude in that one. Great actor, in any case. RIP.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
amals—The name of that movie was The Night Visitor. Very good movie. They show it on TCM from time to time.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
RIP. Fantastic actor. Brought so much of his personal charm to his roles. Three Days of the Condor is one my favorites. Inside Man was another.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
amals—The name of that movie was The Night Visitor. Very good movie. They show it on TCM from time to time.

Yep. That's the one. I figured someone here would know. Thanks.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
RIP, Max / Ming.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post