SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    baby boomer era rock and rollers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

baby boomer era rock and rollers Login/Join 
posted
who will be the last rock and roller ? (of our era)

T.Petty was pretty young , there are a lot of them left, but I gotta wonder when our era will be done for.

the zz top guys are in their 70's , I think

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The death of the era will come when Jagger passes on. Or McCartney.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I'm betting on Keith Richards.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:

I don't know, he is like the energizer bunny.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:

I think he actually died about 9 years ago and has not been sober enough to realize it yet

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Saw McCartney in concert back in July. Wow! What a show! Took my 2 year old daughter and she enjoyed it. Being able to see one of the Beatles live and be in the room with all those legendary guitars was incredible.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The next five years will see a lot more news on icons passing away.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
When the last Beatle dies, in my opinion.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Bob Dylan (b.1941), and Neil Young (b.1945), to name a couple, who are still going. Not to mention, not exactly "rockers" but still going, are Judy Collins (b.1939) and Carly Simon (b.1945). All of those are technically "pre-boomer", boomer being born during 1946 and after. But favorites all.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I never did get to see George Harrison play and I balked at paying $5700 for a seat to see McCartney at The Hollywood Bowl a few yeas ago - I am now regretting that decision - there always isn't a 'next year' or a 'next time'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Ive seen ZZtop and Lynard. They were great. nothing like seeing/ hearing ZZ

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just a bunch of old has beens! Wink

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Ive seen ZZtop and Lynard. They were great. nothing like seeing/ hearing ZZ

Saw ZZ Top (with the Doobie Bros.) this summer...the volume and acoustic depth produced by just that trio was remarkable..those guys clearly turned it up to 11.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my era, Little Richard and Fats Domino survive.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a best buddy forever has seen Z.Z. 11 times , over 20 years.

he won't go see them in stadiums or fair grounds any more , if its not in a theater or music hall.

"it ain't worth it"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
a best buddy forever has seen Z.Z. 11 times , over 20 years.

he won't go see them in stadiums or fair grounds any more , if its not in a theater or music hall.

"it ain't worth it"

I saw them once in a large coliseum, where I was close to the stage and it seemed to me the whole thing was pre-recorded and they were "guitar-syncing".

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
As long as one founding member of the band "Bad Mayonnaise" is still rocking on...we will be good to go Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rod Stewart is still rock & rolling, but Keith Richards will outlive everyone.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
"rock and roll can never die" Neil Young

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post