SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    “ The Good Doctor” TV show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“ The Good Doctor” TV show Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted
House + Doogie Howser + Rain Man = this TV show.

NOPE, don’t like it. The character is annoying and everyone else but one character likes him, thinks he’s brilliant, and gives him the benefit of the doubt.

In reality, I wouldn’t want such an individual cutting on me in an OR. I want someone who is totally focused on the patient, and not who’ll go spin off into his own universe at the drop of a hat outside stimuli.

This is just me, but probably not everyone else.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I actually really like the show. It’s obviously fiction, but I do like doctor shows. I loved ER. My only complaint is it is slow to develop.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We've watched it twice. My wife seems to enjoy it while I think it sucks. She can watch it, if she want, while I'll spend an hour on Sigforum and ignore it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I saw an ad for it and thought it was just a Doogie Howser remake

should have guessed Hollywood can't do anything original

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I saw an ad for it and thought it was just a Doogie Howser remake

I haven't watched it for the same reason

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no bombs is a plus, nothing blowing up
no guts, gore, torture and massive amounts of blood is a plus.
every body not banging everyone else is a plus

not a ton of lying cheating, stealing and rape is a plus

some semblance to a story line or three is a plus.

mostly new actors is a big plus,

a few snip its in to the life of someone with autism is a plus.

I am not in love with it, but will be watching it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to some credits I saw, it is based off a Korean show.

Daniel Dae Kim (late of Hawaii Five-O) is listed as an executive producer on this show.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
House + Doogie Howser + Rain Man = this TV show

My girlfriend is into it. I saw an episode and thought exactly that. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why isn't he black and gay?

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
'House' is one of my all-time favorite TV shows. I really wanted to like this show but as the OP, that character was too annoying for me even to watch a whole episode.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched 10 minutes, so contrived, turned it off.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Decided to resurrect this thread. The odd thing is, I still find the title character grating; however, I think is cast is good and the writing is excellent. Week after week, strong story lines. I make an effort to watch this show.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
He does a pretty good job at the role of being autistic, I find myself watching every now and then, I've just not made up my mind yet. I cannot however see his behavior changing much so his character will remain static, that may get old but, I'm watching it for now. Another doctor/hospital show I'm enjoying at the same time is the Resident, lot's of things constantly going on during this show, so far I like it more than the Good Doctor, but watch both.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I’m still waiting for him to go all “Pyscho” as Norman Bates.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
I’m still waiting for him to go all “Pyscho” as Norman Bates.

+1

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post