SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WEEZER Covers Toto’s “Africa” ... and it’s great!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WEEZER Covers Toto’s “Africa” ... and it’s great! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1429 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
And that would be the first Weezer song I did not have to shut off.

--------------------------------------
Everybody’s got a blank page. A story they’re writing today. A wall that they’re climbing. You can carry the past on your shoulders.
Or you can start over.
Regrets, no matter what you goin’ through. Jesus, He gave it all to save you. He carried the cross on His shoulders. So you can start over.
~NF RealMusic~

Posts: 20662 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I'm going to the Weezer/Pixies show this summer, this just excites me more.

Wow. Unless they mail it in like U2's been doing, that is going to be a friggin great show!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 8143 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why make a cover if you're not going to make it unique to you?

Facts don't care about your feelings.
—Ben Shapiro

Posts: 1467 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I really like the Mike Masse and Jeff Hall version that Gustofer posted. They did a hell of a job with the vocals.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 7937 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Why make a cover if you're not going to make it unique to you?

I agree. It’s nice and all, but it sounds too similar to the original. I like the metal version.

Posts: 5842 | Location: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1150 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Wifey hates this cover. Me, I’m kinda meh on it.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post