SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    East Tennesseans who like legal thrillers...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

East Tennesseans who like legal thrillers... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Check out Scott Pratt's Joe Dillard series. You don't have to be an East Tennessean, but it helps since the books are set in northern East Tennessee. The main character, a lawyer, lives in Johnson City.

The author, Scott Pratt, got an English degree from ETSU and a law degree from UT.

There are nine books in the series so far. I finished the first and am about half-way through the second one. They're well-written and action-packed. They're also in the Kindle Unlimited catalog.

Here's a link to the first one, An Innocent Client.

Edited to add: There won't be anymore than nine books in the series because Scott Pratt died last November as the result of a scuba accident.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Shugart,

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Check out Scott Pratt's Joe Dillard series. You don't have to be an East Tennessean, but it helps since the books are set in northern East Tennessee. The main character, a lawyer, lives in Johnson City.

The author, Scott Pratt, got an English degree from ETSU and a law degree from UT.

There are nine books in the series so far. I finished the first and am about half-way through the second one. They're well-written and action-packed. They're also in the Kindle Unlimited catalog.

Jim, I want to thank you for this recommendation. I had to start with the second book, In Good Faith, because my library does not have a copy of the first. It was an excellent book, mystery, suspense, and the legal stuff thrown in too, and I intend to read the series in order. He has also written other books besides the Joe Dillard series. I intend to check them out as well. You definitely don't have to be an East Tennessean to enjoy, and I would class them as much more than a legal thriller, at least the one I've read so far.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
How does it compare to grisham ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
How does it compare to grisham ?

I like Grisham very much, but his style is different than Pratt's (based on just the one book of Pratt's that I've read, and I've read all of the Grishams). The Pratt book was more suspenseful and less court/lawyer oriented. There was as much about police in Pratt's book as lawyers, and some very interesting bad guys/gals.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
thanks.

I'll give it a shot on my kindle app.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Kindle had a special - the first five books for $9.99; so I got that.

------------------
SBrooks

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
These are good. Finished the first book and a little ways into the second.

------------------
SBrooks