SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone else watching FX's A Christmas Carol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else watching FX's A Christmas Carol? Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Pretty damned good so far. Pretty dark. Great acting.

Edit: it's over. Phenominal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I watched the last half of it with my wife one night last week. They did a very nice job with it.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I turned the channel about 15 mins in... that whole "stream of consciousness" riff by a too-young Scrooge and the lax, back-talking Bob Cratchit was just too contrived for me.

Just one man's opinion. If you like that sort of thing,you like that sort of thing.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Where'd Ali Baba come from?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I cruised through the channels and stopped on FX after seeing "Christmas Carol" just in time to catch an earful of "F" bombs with a room full of Christmas guests (including kids). Oops, didn't know that was part of the gig, so left it and moved on to more appropriate content for my guests.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Watched it yesterday. Yes, pretty dark examination of how ES came to be. His transformation into Mr. Happy Christmas wasn't very convincing though. Seemed rushed at the end.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

Scrooge escaped into reading the story 1001 Nights when he was sent away to boarding school where he was raped every Christmas by the headmaster.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I cruised through the channels and stopped on FX after seeing "Christmas Carol" just in time to catch an earful of "F" bombs with a room full of Christmas guests (including kids). Oops, didn't know that was part of the gig, so left it and moved on to more appropriate content for my guests.

quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

Scrooge escaped into reading the story 1001 Nights when he was sent away to boarding school where he was raped every Christmas by the headmaster.

1st post had me interested.
These two let me know not to bother.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post