SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pink Floyd... My Forgotten Love!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pink Floyd... My Forgotten Love! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
I have recently rekindled an old love affair! No, it has nothing to do with a woman... I’m talking about music here!

It’s been at least 25 years since I listened to Pink Floyd. Over the past few days I’ve purchased and downloaded two of Pink Floyd’s greatest albums... “Dark Side of the Moon”, and “The Wall”, and I just cannot get enough of it! Absolutely some of my all-time favorite music that I had actually forgotten about!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I agree, Have all their albums and my wife wears their t-shirts and yes, we are in our early 70's

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Love Pink Floyd. 2-weeks ago went to a Brit Floyd concert. Yes it is one of those tribute type bands but they are FANTASTIC. They play damb near everything Pink Floyd and they are good. Very audience friendly. Have seen them 6 times so far. Highly recommend them.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I recently saw Brit Floyd on a PBS special, and literally could not tell them from the original! Simply amazing and awesome group!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Pink Floyd. Easily one of my top five groups of all time. I Must admit to being a huge Rush fan also.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s been at least 25 years since I listened to Pink Floyd. Over the past few days I’ve purchased and downloaded two of Pink Floyd’s greatest albums... “Dark Side of the Moon”, and “The Wall”, and I just cannot get enough of it! Absolutely some of my all-time favorite music that I had actually forgotten about!!!

Get Wish you were here and you should be good for all the second PF era, after Sid Barrett.

I also enjoy the post-Waters days but they're not essential, IMO.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am a fan also, particularly of Gilmour - I think a lot of his solo work is terrific

one I am listening to and trying to learn is Fat Old Sun

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I really like Animals. Great Album.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meddle is another great album for me, and my dog as well. Smile

I wish I could play my relic of a Relic cassette.

I wish I would have been able to see them live, they were close to where I lived in either 90 or 91, but couldn't get a ticket... it was a sold out show.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Animals is their best LP.
Intoxicating.

Posts: 798 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite and their best, my opinion Smile

Animals, 5 million copies sold
The Wall, 24 million copies sold
Dark Side of the Moon, drum roll....45 million copies sold!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like Floyd stroll over to Youtube and check out the videos of David Gilmour Live at Pompeii from 2016.

He played quite a few Floyd songs and some of his own. He was 70 at the time of that concert and still sounded incredible.

I finally broke down and purchased the entire recording from iTunes and listen to it quite a bit on long road trips. It was a little expensive at $18.99 but oh, so worth it.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I regret never seeing them live.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I bought the Pompeii BluRay

The cinematography was excellent, the stage show over the top

could only get sound in stereo, no DTS or upgraded audio

but the sound that was on the disk was great

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Pink Floyd - listen often but if I had to pick just one song - I'll go with The Great Gig In The Sky on The Dark Side of the Moon and if I had to pick one album - well that would be The Dark Side of the Moon Big Grin

I have to say I really am smitten with Rachel Fury Razz

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post