SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any Poldark fans here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Poldark fans here Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
Poldark, (PBS Masterpiece) is about a guy who comes home from the war,1700's, to find his girlfriend marrying his cousin, his dad dead and he has inherited the family home which is in disrepair. He is a gentleman who fights for those commoners who are starving around him and tries to provide work for them in the family mine. He marries a beautiful "scullery maid" but still has longings for his now married old girlfriend. It takes place in Cornwall England, beautiful scenery, beautiful era clothing, real attention to the era detail. Story is based on 12 books written by Winston Graham.

Season 4 starts soon. The above description is only a small part of the daily challenges Poldark faces. Wife and I love the series.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
got most of the way thru season one and then stopped,

more of a timing thing,

I think it is also on netflix,

the lead is the Vampire in the UK (and much better) version of Being Human, (another decent show to watch)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

the lead is the Vampire in the UK (and much better) version of Being Human, (another decent show to watch)

Aidan Turner was great in that series, the US imitation sucked though. He's actually Irish but seems to play English roles a bit.

He was also in all the Hobbit movies.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
There was too much riding a horse along the Cornish cliffs in a puffy shirt for us.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it up until the point where he cheated on his wife.

It ruined the true love aspect of their relationship which for me was more important then the mining, his original girlfriend and besting the bankers.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:

Yup, at that point it seemed like a soap opera.

The parts about a miner's life in Olde England was informative.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:

It ruined the true love aspect of their relationship which for me was more important then the mining, his original girlfriend and besting the bankers.

Agree. She was my favorite character. I stopped watching but I hear that even she became disappointing later.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been done twice. I watched the original regularly, but could not stay interested in the remake.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:
quote:

Yup, at that point it seemed like a soap opera.

The parts about a miner's life in Olde England was informative.

Of course it is a soap opera.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I am a HUGE Masterpiece fan. I've been watching it as long as I can remember. I absolutely cannot stand Poldark though. I suffered through the first season.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have thoroughly enjoyed all three seasons.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post