SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K13hH0pJx5s

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
creslin, your list's of songs hits the nail on the head growing up, heard them all on the radio at the time they were at the top of the charts.

heh... I was born in 79
Vast majority of these songs greatly pre-date me :P

I can still appreciate good music when I hear it though!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something a little different. British Folk-rock bsnd, Fairport Convention from 1969. Lead singer is the legendary, Sandy Denny. “Matty Groves” is a traditional English/Celtic folk song-—plugged in. Sandy Denny just did this one album with them, but what an album it was.

Sandy went on to form Fotheringay with Jerry Donahue, Trevor Lucas, Pat Donaldson, Gerry Conway and Sally Barker. This has become my favorite Sandy song along with Donahue's great guitar work.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Simply beautiful, Blackmore. Thanks

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1892 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I was/am a huge fan of Gordon Lightfoot. From "If You Could Read My Mind", to "Don Quixote", to "Sundown", his songs rang true to the things I was experiencing in my late teens and early 20's during the 1970's. There's a great biography on Gordon that's available on Amazon Prime and other streaming media that's well worth watching. Damn, he's 81 now!!!! Eek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilybv2ZKOto

https://variety.com/2020/film/...d-review-1234721670/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
How 'bout some early 70s stuff?

..and one of the BEST bands in the 70s

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
67 & 71

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Arguably Terry Kath's best solo..., starts at 1:57:

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Two of the most iconic supporting vocals in music history: Merry Clayton, “Gimme Shelter,” and Clare Torrey, “The Great Gig in the Sky.” Clare’s might be the only vocal that can be uttered in the same breath as Merry Clayton’s (IMHO).

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QeglgSWKSIY

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mPGv8L3a_sY

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Lisa Fischer?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, this was one of the songs played while on hold today..

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...CY&ab_channel=TopPop

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

so many artists, so many 'classic' songs but there are also a lot of one-hit wonders out there that made an impact on music

This one is a sort of precursor or forerunner to "psychedelic" rock.

The Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction" 1966

Syndicate of Sound - "Little Girl" 1966

Dig the suits and ties. Big Grin This was common in the '60s.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Continuing … This one-hit wonder was one of the first "surf rock" tunes.

The Chantays - "Pipeline" 1962

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Continuing … This one-hit wonder was one of the first "surf rock" tunes.

The Chantays - "Pipeline"

Big Grin Hilarious

The Leo Sayer perf was fun too

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post