SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Got a playlist rolling right now.
Gonna update this post as we go.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
First post getting a bit long.

Airpods are about to die so imma call it a night here.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
listen to the instrumentals in this one... nothing like it today...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/cqZc7ZQURMs

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back in the day that piano intro was unmistakable, what a great tune!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I was rearranging my iTunes playlists on the phone and came across another oldie goldie..

Oh yea, and also do you remember this one? I always find myself cranking this tune up if it comes on the car radio!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
The skit from the Drew Carey Show with that tune is priceless.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sweetwater - Motherless Child [1969] Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P7fw9vGgv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BllH1H8EARI <------ remastered version worth a listen

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Led Zeppelin - "Stairway to Heaven" 1971

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is from Young’s solo concert in Massey Hall, 1971. The song was first released, electrified, on the Buffalo Springfield album, Again, released in 1967.

Something a little different. British Folk-rock bsnd, Fairport Convention from 1969. Lead singer is the legendary, Sandy Denny. “Matty Groves” is a traditional English/Celtic folk song-—plugged in. Sandy Denny just did this one album with them, but what an album it was.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
This topic can go on and on. Here's another oldie that was a favorite sing along from 67'..

Regards, Will G.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
This topic can go on and on. Here's another oldie that was a favorite sing along from 67'..

Back in the early '80s I had just moved to California. One evening in '82 I was driving south from Yosemite on California State Route 41 towards Fresno. I had the radio on and tuned to a local station. The station had just played the song San Francisco. The station was also taking phone requests live on the air. A caller had just thanked them for 'playing his song'. The DJ then asked the caller what made it his song. The caller then responded that he was Scott McKenzie and he had just moved to Coarsegold. Sure as $hit, there I was in Coarsegold, the new home of Scott McKenzie listening to the song San Francisco . I find that very interesting.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
creslin, your list's of songs hits the nail on the head growing up, heard them all on the radio at the time they were at the top of the charts.

Regards, Will G.

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I don't know about y'all, in my experience, chicks always loved them Lynyrd Skynyrd boys:

This one's always fun with the windows and top down:

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
How can Harry Chapin "Cat's in the Cradle " not be listed

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
How can you not have some Righteous Brothers into this?

Dion has and still is one of my favorites. He is still kickin' it.

Gotta have a war protest song right?

And I'll throw this one in..

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think for me the very first 'rock' song that I ever heard growing up was Ticket to Ride

so many artists, so many 'classic' songs but there are also a lot of one-hit wonders out there that made an impact on music

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Dylan wrote it in ‘67. The Band recorded it on their debut album, Music from Big Pink in 1968. This great live version is from The Last Waltz concert of 1976. In addition to The Band and Dylan...well, there’s a bunch of them

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MjtPBjEz-BA

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post