Cool hand luke Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
8 pm turner Classic movies
That is all

This month every Tuesday is prison movie day

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 10545 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
What we have here, is a failure to communicate.

------------------------------
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 1841 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm shakin' it boss..............Still shakin' it boss.

Posts: 3826 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
"My Lucille"

Posts: 3877 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I love the egg eating...I feel bloated just watching it Smile

George Kennedy just forced one in Luke's mouth Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 6721 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Man you sure can shoot!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3103 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blume357:
My personal philosophy in life is to keep pulling that string as they continue to think I'm shaking the bush.

That was the lesson you got--pretend you're working when you're not? I prefer the road tarring scene. Whenever I work hard to finish a task and finish early, I can relax and take it easy, just like Luke and the gang.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
—Ben Shapiro

Posts: 1133 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
"Anyone caught playing 'grab-ass', will get a night-in-the-box! If you got a problem, you bring-it to me. I'm Carl, the floor-walker."

Posts: 353 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
49 and one in the box, boss.

One of George Kennedy's best roles, I think.

"Hey Lord, Whatever I done don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes"

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 1841 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. He's always good, but this was one of his best. Also liked him a lot in Charade.

Posts: 1478 | Registered: November 02, 2009Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Got a DVD copy I pop in once every year or so. One of the all time classics with amazing performances by both Newman and Kennedy.

World Shakin'!

By the way, anyone ever notice what the magazine article was in the magazine that Luke sent to Dragline? Wink

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:

"Hey Lord, Whatever I done don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes"
Big Grin That was a good one that I had forgotten about.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 4370 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Got a DVD copy I pop in once every year or so. One of the all time classics with amazing performances by both Newman and Kennedy.

World Shakin'!

By the way, anyone ever notice what the magazine article was in the magazine that Luke sent to Dragline? Wink

Had to do some digging but found this.
Just before Luke is brought back from one of his escape attempts, Dragline lets one of the inmates (Koko) look at the picture of Luke that he hides in the magazine. As Koko opens the magazine, clearly visible on the opposite page is an article titled "The Illusion That Kills" with an image of a hunter firing a rifle, which is pointed directly at Luke's chest. This is obviously a reference to "The Man With No Eyes".

http://readthespirit.wpengine....2013/03/MagPhoto.jpg

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

World Shakin'!

Had to do some digging but found this.
Just before Luke is brought back from one of his escape attempts, Dragline lets one of the inmates (Koko) look at the picture of Luke that he hides in the magazine. As Koko opens the magazine, clearly visible on the opposite page is an article titled "The Illusion That Kills" with an image of a hunter firing a rifle, which is pointed directly at Luke's chest. This is obviously a reference to "The Man With No Eyes".

http://readthespirit.wpengine....2013/03/MagPhoto.jpg

Good job on the find! The rifle always caught my eye when I watched the movie and when I finally bought the DVD I used to stop it on that scene.

I had never considered that there was any symbology to the rifle article though.