SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jessica Jones: Season 3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jessica Jones: Season 3 Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Has anyone made it through? Each successive season has been more and more draggy to me.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I didn't. Only made it half way through and have pretty good idea how it would end. All the other Netflix characters (DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Punisher) grew as characters. Jessica never became more than a moody whiner that drank herself into a stupor. She was the same person in the last episode I watched in Season 3 (maybe episode 5 or 6) as she was in the first season, first episode.

I didn't care that much for season 1 of Iron Fist but that was because the actor playing Danny did not have much martial arts training and they had to really dumb down the fight scenes for him. Danny was much better in the Defenders, and the one episode he was in for the last season of Luke Cage; it really showed the potential for those two when they teamed up. Danny was great in the second season of Iron Fist, much better martial arts and fight scenes. In fact the bromance between him and Ward was great and last scene showed great potential of the third season, which was not to be. I was really hoping they would get to my favorite Marvel Martial Arts character, The Prince of Orphans.

Posts: 3933 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, Season 3 started getting better around episode 8 or so. She even legit smiled! LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's how I felt about the first season. I didn't really like it until the last four episodes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post