SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nobody-movie trailer-Bob Odenkirk goes full-on John Wick
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nobody-movie trailer-Bob Odenkirk goes full-on John Wick Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
If you like shoot 'em up action movies shaded with a touch of dark comedy maybe this one will be good.

Yes, Bob Odenkirk isn't an obvious choice for this type of action role...but given his past performances he is an interesting one and I like his work.

Too soon to say for sure but given that he is described as an "auditor" it almost seems they might be going for an Accountant type flick, which I enjoyed.

* Profanity warning for this movie trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZti8QKBWPo

ETA this interview with Bob Odenkirk on making this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlSW7MXEUXE

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Very John Wick(ish), actually looks pretty good.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can watch that. I'm a simple man. Guy gets done wrong, guns & 'splosions ensue.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He looks like most of us feel right about now.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
From the trailer.
quote:
I might have, uh, over corrected

Looks good.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will be for one of those night when I just wanna see the good-guy 'get some', stylized but, I can deal with it.

There was another trailer that I saw bits and pieces of (was clearing dinner), looked like 'regular guy getting pissed-off' type of movie but, Liam Neeson is playing some rancher out West complete with old truck, an excuse for a cowboy hat that props or, director pulled out of their ass and rifle. Looks like rancher saves young Mexican boy fleeing from cartels into the US. Not saying a borderland rancher isn't going to help a kid but, the scenario that was played-out in the trailer, just left me shaking my head and laughing.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
David Leitch also directed Atomic Blonde. He knows how to do action flicks.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Looks good. I like Odenkirk.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Oh, he gonna need a lawyer.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if his gun ejects empties? John Wick's doesn't.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
This will be for one of those night when I just wanna see the good-guy 'get some', stylized but, I can deal with it.

There was another trailer that I saw bits and pieces of (was clearing dinner), looked like 'regular guy getting pissed-off' type of movie but, Liam Neeson is playing some rancher out West complete with old truck, an excuse for a cowboy hat that props or, director pulled out of their ass and rifle. Looks like rancher saves young Mexican boy fleeing from cartels into the US. Not saying a borderland rancher isn't going to help a kid but, the scenario that was played-out in the trailer, just left me shaking my head and laughing.
I might watch "Nobody", but Liam Neeson is a non-starter for me. I do like shootemups--vicariously works off any tendencies I might want to do violence. (The more muzzle flashes, the better.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Better call Nobody.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah that looks good! Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta admitted...I’m definitely interested

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else seen it yet?

I thought it was fun with Odenkirk being the last person you'd expect in an action film.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Has anyone else seen it yet?

I thought it was fun with Odenkirk being the last person you'd expect in an action film.

Quite a few in the other thread

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6520028084

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. Fun movie to watch. Really liked Christopher Lloyd’s role.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rented it last night and it was pretty good. He played a good role in this movie. Christopher Lloyd was a surprise.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post