New
Find
Notify
Tools

Directv Now Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Anyone have experience/knowledge about this? The least expensive package is pretty comprehensive at least for our purposes and is about 1/4 of we're paying.

So you just need a roku or firestick and wifi connection to get the programming onto your tv? Or does the smartphone send signal to roku?

Big downside is no recording capability and the need for roku for each tv.

Any info appreciated

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I tried it on my Appletv. I couldn’t get locals in my region so that was a killer. Other then that, the service was fine.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to it but so far no problems. Cut the cost over 2/3. Still trying to figure out how to get F1 though. We watch very little tv so with Direct TV and Hulu we are doin well.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Past Directv customer for yearz. I dropped thsm due to the fact when ever we got a snow storm or heavy rain storm Id lose viewing. Greaf picture and everything, but when weather turned to shit Id be outta TV. I went back to Comcast and happy I did! (about 5 yrs ago). fast reliable internet and TV doesnt have intsruptions. Just my experiences. sigguy(the 1st)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Past Directv customer for yearz. I dropped thsm due to the fact when ever we got a snow storm or heavy rain storm Id lose viewing. Greaf picture and everything, but when weather turned to shit Id be outta TV. I went back to Comcast and happy I did! (about 5 yrs ago). fast reliable internet and TV doesnt have intsruptions. Just my experiences. sigguy(the 1st)

This would have been satellite service. DirectTV Now is streaming.

I have it, my only complaint is that it does buffer/reduce image quality sometime.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:

So you just need a roku or firestick and wifi connection to get the programming onto your tv?

Yes, some kind of streaming device or smart TV with that capability and a 5 Mbps or higher internet speed.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We have directv here in Florida, and of course there are a ton of summer storms, occasionally we'll lose signal, generally not for a long time.

The amazing thing was that during Hurricane Irma we still had signal with the eye going just to the west of us up I75, massive rain and winds, trees going down and still had TV Signal up to the point the power finally went out.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We have directv here in Florida, and of course there are a ton of summer storms, occasionally we'll lose signal, generally not for a long time.

The amazing thing was that during Hurricane Irma we still had signal with the eye going just to the west of us up I75, massive rain and winds, trees going down and still had TV Signal up to the point the power finally went out.

The OP isn’t talking about DirecTV SATELLITE TV.

He’s asking about DirecTV Now which is DTV’s streaming service which carries most of the channels you’d get with a dish, except all you need is a Roku and internet connection to get it, no dish needed.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
DTV Now has a promotion going on that if you pre-pay 3 months @ $35/month, you'll get a free 4K Apple TV:

https://www.directvnow.com/appletv

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post