New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sons of Anarchy Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
I've been binge watching this lately. I'm in the middle of season 3 right now. This is both a great series while being a terrible show. Big Grin It reminds me of the old days when I worked construction and would get laid off for the winter and get sucked into watching All My Children. The story line is very soap opera-ish.

I tried to get my wife to watch but she's got her mind made up that it's not for her. Short glimpses of violent scenes have her convinced it's worse than it is. I told her if she'd give it a chance, she like it for it's Dallas (the Ewing's) like qualities.

I like a lot of the characters,even though the plot lines put them in ridiculous positions.

No spoilers please!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I binged it this summer.
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
My wife absolutely loved it.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I agree with the soap-opera like aspect, and much like the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc. it puts you in a position as a viewer of rooting for what is, at their core, a rotten group of guys.

Really helps to understand gang type mentality and criminal mindset.

You end up hoping they kill the bastards in 'that' gang, but thinking 'your' gang isn't so bad.

Just getting ready to turn their lives around. Wink

I caught a ration of shit from some of my upper crust friends for watching, claiming it as too juvenile or too simplistic; but it's motorcycles and tits and explosions...so fuck you, buddy.

Cool

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
...but it's motorcycles and tits and explosions...so fuck you, buddy.

Cool
Sounds like a good set of attributes.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
My wife and I called it Pussy Bikers

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
That show had a lot of potential the first season. Pretty much went in the crapper from there. I gave up on it around S3.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:

No, the pussy bikers were on "The Devils Ride".
That show was awful.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:

No, the pussy bikers were on "The Devils Ride".
That show was awful.

You are not kidding what an awful show (Devils Ride).

SOA was a great show and ran it's course and had to end.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's pretty entertaining, for a Biker Soap Opera.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
That show had a lot of potential the first season. Pretty much went in the crapper from there. I gave up on it around S3.

Same here.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

Same here.

Third. Except after 3 seasons, I felt I had invested too much time in it, and finished out the series. Wish I hadn't wasted my time. The storyline of "Why do bad things keep happening to us? Lets go out and do all kinds of illegal stuff to fix it!" repeated on an endless loop grew VERY tiresome.

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
In my world, the show ends at the end of the Season 3 finale. All loose ends are tied up and the show hasn't jumped the shark yet. Season 4 on is just a bad dream Tig had after doing too many mushrooms.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm just about done with season 4. I'm surprised at those that said it fell apart after season 3. Season 4 has a lot of developments. I'm really hating some of these characters Smile

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Still trying to get past the first three episodes.

The stupid is strong and i just can't get past that.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. By the end I was ready for it to end.

It was a bit far fetched, but I can live with that to a point.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad it wasn't a half hour comedy instead of the hour long "drama". There were some very funny moments, especially in the first season. My younger son was hooked on it and by the 3rd season I couldn't stand it any longer.

I've rewatched the 1st & 2nd seasons on Netflix when I was bored. Now I pick and choose individual episodes if I can't sleep and need something to watch: Stahl's and Clay's last espisodes. Really hated the series finale.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Grrr... thanks for the spoiler Mad

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
^^^^ Grrr... thanks for the spoiler Mad

So Sorry, I figured with it ending in 2014 I figured there weren't any surprises left. Oh, in "Titanic" the boat sinks. Big Grin.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried to get into it because FX has hit some home runs with some of their original series. Couldn't do it. Maybe because I don't get the attraction of motorcycles. And all of the male patched/members constantly telling each other how much they loved them seemed unnecessary. So even though Hellboy was in it, well, nope.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It started strong, but in the end I hoped Jax would run into someone like Travis Haley on the street, who would shoot him dead in 1.35 seconds, from the draw, after Jax threatened him for some 'disrespect' of the 'biker rules'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post