SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Curse of Oak Island
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Curse of Oak Island Login/Join 
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I think it's important to keep in mind that it's not just about finding treasure, it's about history and solving a very old riddle. It is the History Channel, after all. Of course the possibility that there's an immensely valuable pirate treasure or some other things of great monetary significance is tantalizing, but it's just as much about finding answers. Someone went to a great deal of trouble on that island for some reason, and maybe that something isn't there anymore, but perhaps the answers still are.

So true and what interest me the most about Oak Island. Love the show. Will watch next season like every other season.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
My thinking about the show, until next season is that Marty, his son, and Craig shouldn't get too tied to this Civil War Gold expedition. It seems like these guys could stretch this out for a millennia or two, dig here, dig there, dive here, tear down this wall, run sonar here or there..

Oak Island is at a critical stage in the swamp, I really want them to discover a ship buried in that muck or at least a door to another shaft to the money pit. I'm still in for some more air time. Civil War Gold, not so much.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Civil War gold expedition seems far fetched.
Push the gold laden boxcar off the ferry? Whut?
And lets say all these Union officers did manage to get the Confederate gold to Michigan and start banks and other businesses. Wouldnt that mean the money is..... Spent?
I am watching the gold hunting expedition in the Philippines as I think the possibility of digging up something explosive is fun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I honestly can see looking for this Civil War Gold can go on and on. Beginning with the capture of Confederate president Jefferson Davis down in Georgia, and following the golds alleged trail up to Michigan and out over the lake, thats a lot of area. Not to mention them going into some of the alleged bankers homes that were guessed to have been laundering the gold in Michigan and looking for underground tunnels, taking walls apart, vaults, digging up things...

At least with Oak Island, they stayed mostly on the island with the exception of some land based research expeditions.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
2-hour Season 7 Premiere this coming Tuesday 11/5.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
2020/21 season starts again November 10.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I recently cancelled my network streaming app because I hardly watched it. I mainly signed on for just the HIST and a little of the Travel channel stuff. As the Curse of Oak Island left off last season I couldn't see justifying my non-use of the networks.

I may have to sign on to PHILO again when the season gets underway.

Regards, Will G.