SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Curse of Oak Island
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Curse of Oak Island Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
I did a search and read the late 2018 thread but I wanted to ask for your opinion that I've tossed around in my head. For those that have an interest in the show. At the 90ft depth in the money pit they found a stone that has writing that translated to, 40ft below 2 million pounds lie buried, and the flood tunnels are directed to that area as shown in their diagrams.

Do you think this was a trap to either destroy the searchers and/or throw them off into a diversion to waste time and efforts?

My guess is that is is set up as a trap. Who wouldn't want to proceed to dig further once they read the stone carving, and if the builders would go to that much trouble to dig and set up such an elaborate tunnel flood trap alone with the money pit shaft with log platforms at certain depths to egg you on, it worked. I think whatever treasure or history riches are elsewhere, or may have already been found and removed from the island.

I'm amazed at how much money is and has been spent. Hypothetically, if you had unlimited funds and the interest, would you continue or give up at some point? And when would you make that determination if the treasure and/or riches aren't located?

I thought of that point in time myself...

Maybe just a little deeper Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a shame to hear that Dan Blankenship died this past weekend. Wish he could have survived to see the finale of the show.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
This is all made for TV BS. Oh look, we've found some wood. Ridiculous, couldn't get through 2 minutes of it.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
It was a shame to hear that Dan Blankenship died this past weekend. Wish he could have survived to see the finale of the show.

Dan will be missed. Definitely. I'd suppose they will at some point have a small segment and/or tribute to Dan as they should. I enjoy the characters on the show, and their attitudes, especially Rick, Marty, and Craig. It seems they've adopted a "Go Big or Go Home" attitude as displayed by their extremely encompassing and expensive efforts, a leave no stone unturned approach.

Additionally using Robert Clotworthy as a narrater is smart and appealing how he breaks into the narrative. He had me hooked when he did the narrative for Ancient Aliens.

I'm a fan of Oak Island and can almost feel some of the emotion and disappointments when they're excited about a search that meets with a dead end or possible disaster like cave ins or the water hose coiling up when pumping!

Ruh....Roww

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
This is all made for TV BS. Oh look, we've found some wood. Ridiculous, couldn't get through 2 minutes of it.

Thats why I stated in the first paragraph of this topic. "For those that have an interest in the show."

Regards, Will G.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I missed last Tuesday's episode. What, if anything, happened?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My Dad is obsessed with this show and thinks it's coming any week now...ANY WEEK NOW...that they will find this treasure. Big Grin

I keep telling him they they are stringing him along and any treasure probably was removed many years ago or maybe there was never any treasure and this is all just an elaborate bullshit game.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a trap to me.

I enjoy watching when they find interesting stuff. Doesn't happen all that often, but when it does it gets my inner eight year old treasure hunter going.

If they could go about things like the copper miners in Butte the mystery would be solved in short order.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
I missed last Tuesday's episode. What, if anything, happened?

I think they were digging into what they assumed was the H6 shaft to the money pit, on the "verge" of something is the thinking. Meanwhile they're also looking at stuff around that track of logs also assumed that stuff was hauled off of ships onto this wooden slipway. There fiddling around the area with the metal detectors.

Did I also mention when Robert Clotworthy the narrator breaks in with repeating what was just said, stirring questionable minds, like he did in Ancient Aliens.

I have to laugh at some of their exchanges and expressions, a lot of it I assume is for the camera. Still you see the $$ signs running. Thats a lot of machine hardware and industrial tech. I almost feel bad that when they are on the verge of a new discovery and "WHAMMO" something fails or breaks or caves in... Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
I watch it and also am amazed at the $$$ spent and the tech. When they were uncovering the "slipway" and seemed puzzled by what it was, I wanted to shout, "its used to dock and unload a ship"!
Prior to the bridge being built, the only way to get supplies and material to the island was.... wait for it... by ship or boat! And you would need some sort of dock / slipway to make that happen.
The whole Ark of the Covenant / Knights Templar theory? Far fetched.
A more plausible theory would be if treasure was brought to the island, it was by the English turncoat pirate or the land owning former slave.
I too think that if anything was on the island, it is long gone.
I think the brothers became involved in this and now just cant stop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there ever was or is anything buried there, I'm sure it's nothing compared to the fortunes spent on trying to get it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Are they spending money? Or are they spending the money from the TV show?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's not fully revealed, the financing of the current exploration. The younger Lagina, Marty, (worth an est. $50 million from the sale of a previous engineering company) probably covers most of the expenses, along with business partner Craig Tester. It's not fully known what other funding sources are utilized, including grants from the Canadian government and compensation from The History Channel for their most popular series.

Nova Scotia tourism did recently grant the brothers $4 million Canadian.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
These guys, Rick, Marty, and Craig are on an adventure of a lifetime. I'd love to be on a quest to locate treasure from our past. It's a fact that they're are areas where treasures have been stored away or buried or sunk underwater.

Walking away empty handed I'm sure dampens the spirit, and along with an empty purse and feeling defeated but, the ultra rich can shrug the losses easier and often plan their next great adventure. In many cases, it takes money to find money. Some of the stories in the bars in Key West where locals would mention that many treasures aren't that far under the water and he'd say he wishes that he could find all the sporadic treasures that he just casually boated over without ever knowing in 15-20' of water..

I hope the Oak Island Team find something, anything really, if anybody could, they can with the tools, machines, and tech, and most importantly, determination.

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Has anyone wondered if the real treasure of oak island is the television and advertising rights?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They need to get Geraldo Rivera there on-scene for the triumphal final episode. He did so well with Al Capone’s secret vault.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
If someone has that much money to throw away, they'd be better off restoring a vintage aircraft or car. At least they's have something to show for the time and money spent.

There is nothing on Oak Island.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
what Shaql said.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is Intereting that they have found hundreds year old human bones very deep as well as other artifacts that are hundreds of years old. I think they have concluded some people were there many many years ago and those peoples created some complex engineering that is still not fully explained. Gold and other treasure still in the ground? I hope they find some. I wouldn’t bet it’s there but it makes a good tv show.

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I think it's important to keep in mind that it's not just about finding treasure, it's about history and solving a very old riddle. It is the History Channel, after all. Of course the possibility that there's an immensely valuable pirate treasure or some other things of great monetary significance is tantalizing, but it's just as much about finding answers. Someone went to a great deal of trouble on that island for some reason, and maybe that something isn't there anymore, but perhaps the answers still are.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post