SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Hunt is being released....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunt is being released.... Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Controversial film THE HUNT has gotten the green light from Universal Pictures. Release will be March 13 (yep, a Friday).

Written by the guys who wrote LOST, the movie is a dark satire that depicts wealthy elites who hunt down kidnapped conservatives. It was originally pulled from release last September following the mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

The Hunt

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

The Hunt by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It will be fun to watch what they consider tactics.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they think this will actually help their chances in November?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Opens tomorry. Who's going?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Going? Where? To the coronavirus theater? Razz I'll wait for the rental.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Well, Orguss, hopefuly everyone will have that attitude and I'll have the theater all to myself. Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Going? Where? To the coronavirus theater? Razz I'll wait for the rental.

Here's hoping many of the theaters take a proactive approach. Here's what my local theater just sent to their mailing list:
quote:

Here are some steps we are taking at all of our theatres:

• To protect your personal space, we will be blocking a seat every two seats, so you can sit with your companion but will be at an extra distance from other patrons in the theatre.

• Silverspot always upholds the highest sanitation standards. We will continue to sanitize auditoriums between films- paying special attention to customer touch points such as armrests and tables using industry approved sanitation practices as described by the Department of Health guidelines.

• Silverspot restrooms are equipped with automatic faucets and self-dispensing hand sanitizing soap and paper towel dispensers.

• Our in-theatre servers have been instructed to use gloves when handling any food items, as well as when delivering them in theatre.

• Silverspot continues to monitor the updates provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC-www.cdc.gov) and will act accordingly as needed and as additional information becomes available. We are following U.S. Health Officials lead and are urging the same personal best practices such as frequent hand washing, the highest of sanitation standards and are advising sick employees to stay home and sending any employees with flu-like symptoms home.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm staying away from movie theaters for a while.

Sucks for them, but do you trust some kid making 6 bucks an hour is really cleaning the place?

NOPE

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
OK, so kkina risked exposure to the terrible SARS-CoV-2 virus to see this awesome movie. And I did think it was pretty good.

First of all, the conservatives are the good guys, and the bad guys (and girls) are the priveleged liberal elites. The movie doesn't equivocate on this issue. More than a few smug liberals get their comeuppance.

Betty Gilpin as Crystal made this movie. She rolled through the plot action the way Schwarzenegger used to, holding it down both acting-wise and physically. Also great performance from Hillary Swank and Amy Madigan is her usual wonderful self.

The movie is well-paced. Over the top in some places, but not too. The violence is graphic, like Walking Dead level, but not excessive. Great final fight scene (well, if you don't mind girl-on-girl action.)

The Hunt - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

(The theater was only a little less crowded for a Friday afternoon, but I did see people wearing masks, and opening doors with paper towels.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can’t help but think this movie would have done better with the tagline “Hot Girl on Girl Action!!”

Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^That was your takeaway from my in-depth review?? Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’m a simple man with simple needs. Don’t judge me. Razz

All jokes aside I am sure I would like this movie as I do EVERY TIME ITS MADE. Smile

That said I do get a little tired of LEFT BAD NO RIGHT BAD etc. that we are faced with in so many aspects of our life. I do like that “my side” is getting some positive airtime but I do tire of REDVSBLUELEFTVSRIGHT ETC.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
There is a little twist at the end where it begins to look like the lefties are the real victims here...nah, they're still a-holes and must die.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."