SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Need another You Tube rabbit hole to fall down? Precision Transmission.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need another You Tube rabbit hole to fall down? Precision Transmission. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Owner operator family business. Guy with 40 years of auto transmission service experience takes apart and rebuilds transmissions explaining as he goes. Mods and tricks included. Everything from grocery getters to 2000HP drag cars.
He sounds like he really knows his stuff. Addicting to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Prec...nTransmission/videos

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
You might like this series on the world's first automatic transmission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...99z79qaG41B&index=51

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard needs some nitrile rubber gloves....

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Wow. I stumbled on their page about 3 months ago and can't believe how entertaining it is.

I'm a bit of a gear head but never really messed with transmissions yet still find there content amazing.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Tinkered with cars all my life for myself and have rebuilt a manual trans but no way in heck would I open one of those things if it has to run ever again!

He posted up a good one today and he said he has a video coming up in a day or two that you won't believe how bad another shop screwed over someone and he is fixing it.

From what I gather on his vids a normal rebuild by him runs about 2 grand. The only auto I ever had rebuilt cost $275 bucks... but thats been a while ago Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post