SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Reliant (Pro 2A movie)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Reliant (Pro 2A movie) Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
The Good news: Kevin Sorbo (God's Not Dead) stars in this pro-2A, pro-Christian Indie film. Guns, Samurai sword assault, and no shortage of action. The firearms handling is supposedly very savvy for a change, and you should see a lot of current products you'll recognize.

The Bad news: it will be shown for one day only, October 24, 2019.

"Leave. Us. Alone."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lost

Just saw this tonight myself. We’re in and looking forward to this faith based pro 2A flick.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
A nice behind-the-scenes segment on the making of the movie. Even more psyched to see it now, for multiple reasons.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Looks like it might be worth a look-see.

Kevin Sorbo is the keynote speaker at a Constitution Week celebration.

Grand Lakes Constitution Week celebration

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Did I miss what caused the societal collapse?
I enjoyed Gods not Dead. Hopefully this will be good.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

The US Dollar collapsing.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

The US Dollar collapsing.

Had not had a chance to watch the behind the scenes video yet. Would have. Even a little helpful to know that in the trailer.

Hopefully this is done well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

This Thursday. One day only.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime???

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
AFAIK it's a theatrical release only for the moment.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
Tickets bought. Reserved seating. Recliners w bun warmers. Decent popcorn.

Posts: 518 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought tickets.Whats up with the limited release?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I bought tickets.Whats up with the limited release?

I believe it has much to do with the movie being pro-2A, pro-Christian. That simple.

Btw, there's a raffle for the Kahr PM9 that Kevin Sorbo CCWs in the film. $20 per chance via PayPal (of all places).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
Tickets bought for tonight - wife and I haven't been to a show for a long time - looking forward to it - at least the dollars are going to folks that share our ideals

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks kinda corny but sure is a good message

the guys sniping from distance is a major concern

good to see a 'positive message' movie getting made

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Tonight's Date Night!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Movie sucked. Hard. I rolled my eyes at least 16 times. Corniest shit I’ve seen in years. A VERY sophomore film, about on par with your local college film club or worse.

Now I for sure know why there was no release. No theater house would carry this drivel.

And boy was I annoyed to see that one of the main characters of the movie was only in the first 6 minutes of film and finished their portion of filming in one or two days tops.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Not the greatest. Didn't live up to the hype. The action started in pretty fast, but then lulled into a lot of soul-searching and sermonizing. And I didn't expect a major to be taken out so quickly.

If you stayed past the credits, there's a ten minute monologue from the founder of The Well Armed Woman.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I expected a lot more and got a lot less.
WHY?
Was the question in the movie.
Why. is my question, did they make the movie?
There was such a blank canvas to work with and THIS was best they came up with in a SHTF movie?

I did learn, however that bright colored clothing and accessories, do not make you stand out in the woods. Something a LRRP team can learn from

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Was this meant to be a SHTF movie, or a movie about faith in God, etc. set in a SHTF environment? Everything I saw about this flick screamed "Made with tithes".

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post